America's Army for the PS2.

Archive

Post by Archive » June 26th, 2019, 8:13 pm

posted by Punch on Dec 31, 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euYcFcI3ebI&list=PLbgTPQhGLHfzd8xOT9KH0AkWil2sIkyCU

I've read that the PS2 version of America's Army was only released in australia but I can't find any info on it. Anyone from that area can confirm that it was (not) released? The link above is a playlist of 4 videos from the ps2 version of the game.

Archive

posted by brendand on Dec 31, 2012:

Not sure to be honest but i did find a strategy guide that mentions ps2 version http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Americas...ain_0&hash=item43b2670adc&_uhb=1#ht_509wt_952

Archive

posted by synrgy87 on Dec 31, 2012:

i know the xbox version was available in the uk not sure about the ps2 version, i used to play the pc version of this game online, was good fun back in the day, + it was free, good times!

Archive

posted by stranno on Dec 31, 2012:

It was cancelled.

IGN usually sucks for review but its an amazing source for old news about games. Just check a game and head to 'All Articles'. Its a shame that source videos (i mean, original homepage content) are no longer active.

Here's the last news of America's Army. It looked great BTW.

ImageAmerica's Army: Rise of a Soldier
Developer: Secret Level/U.S. Army
Publisher: Ubisoft
What Was Promised
Announced in April 2004, Rise of a Soldier was to be the console version of the PC game America's Army. Like its personal computer counterpart, the game allowed you to create a soldier and help him through a career in the U.S. Army. Developed by the real U.S. Army with help from Secret Level, America's Army is a recruitment tool of sorts. But beneath its practical purpose for the military, the game is enjoyable enough for eight million PC users. We got our hands on the game's online multiplayer mode back in November 2005 and came back with positive impressions. But when the game released on Xbox, the PS2 version was nowhere to be found…
Where It Stands
In September 2006, Ubisoft distributed this message to gamers who had pre-ordered Rise of a Soldier: "Americas Army for the PS2 has been delayed and at this time Ubisoft can not confirm a ship date for the game. Ubisoft is canceling all of the pre-orders made over our online store and many of the retailers are refunding their customers as well. We sincerely apologize for this circumstance, but we hope you will continue to shop with us. Please accept this coupon code which is good for $10 off of orders $39.99 or more and will provide free 2 day shipping within the United States." It seems the PS2 version received a dishonorable discharge.