iQue Player

Archive

iQue Player

Post by Archive » June 27th, 2019, 12:43 pm

posted by DarthCloud on Feb 12, 2008:

Just got my power supply today....

Pluged it direcly and the ique worked fine then I tryed my family package, ique booted and I choose dr mario and the ique crashed. Try to reboot but it allway shut down :S

Damn I'm beginning to hate that system...

EDIT: Get it to start some time but it show me an error message. I think I managed to corrupt the cartridge while trying to dump it...

Did the system can start without a cartridge??

Archive

iQue Player

Archive

iQue Player

posted by subbie on Feb 12, 2008:

DarthCloud said:

Just got my power supply today....

Pluged it direcly and the ique worked fine then I tryed my family package, ique booted and I choose dr mario and the ique crashed. Try to reboot but it allway shut down :S

Damn I'm beginning to hate that system...

EDIT: Get it to start some time but it show me an error message. I think I managed to corrupt the cartridge while trying to dump it...

Did the system can start without a cartridge??

Sys wont start with out a cart (it just powers off). I believe the Bios/Firmware is stored on the Game Cart (why a full unit is not required to upgrade).

Did you get a sucessful dump of the cart yet?

I'm still in talks to get the broken unit off my friend. I just gotta trade something for it.

-- edit --

If you give up on the system. I'll gladly buy your family pack off you.
^_^

Archive

iQue Player

subbie said:

Sys wont start with out a cart (it just powers off). I believe the Bios/Firmware is stored on the Game Cart (why a full unit is not required to upgrade).

Did you get a sucessful dump of the cart yet?

I'm still in talks to get the broken unit off my friend. I just gotta trade something for it.

No I didn't managed to dump it with the tool I currently own.

I'm thinking to build my own nand dumper in vhdl for a cpld, but tbh this will cost money and time and I don't have any of the two right now Image

I might try to buy another one in china and ask my middle man to keep the ique and send me only the cart, ique are really cheap but shipping from china is too high. All I want is one with a full zelda, online would be nice but I down really need that.

Archive

iQue Player

DarthCloud said:

No I didn't managed to dump it with the tool I currently own.

I'm thinking to build my own nand dumper in vhdl for a cpld, but tbh this will cost money and time and I don't have any of the two right now Image

I might try to buy another one in china and ask my middle man to keep the ique and send me only the cart, ique are really cheap but shipping from china is too high. All I want is one with a full zelda, online would be nice but I down really need that.

That might not work dude. I personaly would try my Mem card out first to doing that. I think it's posible each iQue Cart has a uniq ID stored on a chip that makes it only work with it's iQue unit.

if by chance thats not the case, i'll gladly pitch in some cash to take the main unit.

Archive

iQue Player

subbie said:

That might not work dude. I personaly would try my Mem card out first to doing that. I think it's posible each iQue Cart has a uniq ID stored on a chip that makes it only work with it's iQue unit.

if by chance thats not the case, i'll gladly pitch in some cash to take the main unit.

If you get your friend ique let me know if the cart can be swaped,

I give up with iQue for now, will try to buy another one this spring and maybe make another try to dump the cart

Archive

iQue Player

DarthCloud said:

If you get your friend ique let me know if the cart can be swaped,

I give up with iQue for now, will try to buy another one this spring and maybe make another try to dump the cart

Will do!

Again if you ever deside to get out of iQue for good, hit me up about getting your family pack!

Archive

iQue Player

subbie said:

Will do!

Again if you ever deside to get out of iQue for good, hit me up about getting your family pack!

lol, I don't think so, It's just that I'm a bit frustrated about ique related stuff right nowImage

So I take a break from that Image

But yeah If I ever sell my ique stuff I contact you first, but I doubt I will tbh Image

Archive

iQue Player

posted by DarthCloud on Feb 29, 2008:

I was looking at my bricked iQue today (can't do much than that with it tbh) I tough that I should try to use the controller with my n64 since it would be stupid and a waste of time for nintendo to have change the controller protocol.

I tryed and it worked Image I think I'm the only one now to play 64DD with iQue controller Image

So the pinout:

As you see the iQue output +5v on the controller connector but it's unused by the controller. So iQue games might still be compatible with rumble pak if nintendo didn't removed support in their software. With this +5v output they could have released an ique controller with build-in rumble support.

If I had an working ique I would try to connect a standard n64 controller w/ rumble pak to the hub to see if rumble work. But I don't have one in working order right now Image

I will also look at the iQue controller later to find out if the controller use the very same chip as the standad n64 controller or if nintendo made a strip-down chip witch don't have expansion port I/O. If it the same chip I will try to make an iQue controller with integrated rumble and maybe controller pak too.

Also about iQue system, I ordered another one witch have full version of dr mario, mario kart and paper mario. Also an official iQue usb cable is include in the kit. So I realy hope it will turn out to be an online ready machine.

I give news back once I receive it!

Archive

iQue Player

posted by subbie on Mar 1, 2008:

Wicked dude.

I kind of like the iQue controller a bit.

Where you getting your new unit off and for how much?