XeDK Remote PC

Archive

XeDK Remote PC

Post by Archive » June 27th, 2019, 10:51 pm

posted by lllsondowlll on Dec 28, 2009:

I can't seem to get this bugger to work. I am running on windows 7 and am on XDK: 9328. I follow the documentation. I created a new partition L:\ on the PC and on the root of the Hard Drive I created a folder called "XeDK" and I clicked shared with network. Now I can go into networks and see the "XeDK" folder is shared but it doesn't show up in neighborhood as the extra volume or w/e. I even think I configured it right on the Dev. I set my remote PC name as the full computer name I get from Windows+Pause/Break, I set the PC Share Name as the Shared folder in networks "XeDK" I have no username or password because I don't use it so I leave username and password blank I even tried using my PC's username with no password still no access. I then hit the B button back to the root of the XDK Launcher and I look in neighborhood and it still won't show. Any Ideas?

EDIT: I resolved my problem by adding a NEW user account with a password on my PC and using those credentials for the kit (while not logged in to it on windows) and it connected. However its not showing up as a volume under Neighborhood it is showing up on the launcher what ever I drop in the drive though. What ever I'm happy with it for working so I can't complain.

EDIT2: Physical reboot seemed to fix the problem. The drive is also now showing up under neighborhood. I wish I would have discovered this sooner now I don't need to use HDD's anymore.