zelda oot golden version

Archive

zelda oot golden version

Post by Archive » June 28th, 2019, 7:07 am

posted by TheDeathcoaster on Jan 18, 2005:

And if you live in Europe you get the Absolutley common version of the N64 Zeldas! No rare versions for us (and we get Lame cartridge art for Majoras Mask).

And the Ura Zelda traces were bits of dungeons and stuff you could access using the gameshark, right? Stuff that was Going to be in Ocarina but they cut back due to time constraints? I'm not sure...but I know certain revisions of Oot don't contain these scenes (Such as the Temple of Light and the bruning Kakariko village scene)

Archive

zelda oot golden version

posted by Jasonkhowell on Jan 18, 2005:

They also edited the Fire Temples music. In the origional, there was a muslim chant in it (Basic muslim prayer, also mentions Allah near the end). Due to some idiotic soccer moms who complained to Nintedo and Nintendo Power, they edited the song out of the later gray carts. Also, in the GCN version, they changed the Gerudo symbol from the star and cresent moon (Turkish flag and common Islamic symbol) to something else.

Archive

zelda oot golden version

posted by Greatsaintlouis on Jan 19, 2005:

Also, in the GCN version, they changed the Gerudo symbol from the star and cresent moon (Turkish flag and common Islamic symbol) to something else.

Wait, so the original Zelda had the Muslims as the bad guys too? :smt043

I'm sorry, that was a low blow, but it couldn't be helped.

Anyways, back on topic and political correctness: Are the cut level parts (Burning Kakariko Village, Temple Of Light, whatever else) present in the GCN version - wasn't the 'Master Quest' game they released the same as the 64DD code that never made it out the door?

And does anyone have any websites detailing these Ura Zelda bits that one can access via a Gameshark? I have both a GS and the gold OOT, and I'm a sucker for beta code left in games. :-D

Semi-OT: It seems a decent amount of N64 games have unfinished code easily accessable with a Gameshark (007, Perfect Dark, OOT). Does anyone know of any other shenanigans that can be experienced with a GS and N64 games?[/quote]

Archive

zelda oot golden version

posted by TheDeathcoaster on Jan 19, 2005:

http://www.eeggs.com/items/17545.html

http://zso.krahs-emag.com/beta/

Thats only from a quick google. I cant find the site that had all the cooler stuff Image The site had codes to access beta Goldeneye and Perfect Dark stuff too.

The Zelda stuff works best on emulation, I hear. I spent an entire evening reading through pages upon pages of Zelda beta stuff, I am a looooser ¬_¬

edit===

Found one of the sites I read through before -

http://zso.krahs-emag.com/projz64/

Archive

zelda oot golden version

posted by Evangelion-01 on Jan 19, 2005:

i dont want a loose version :-( i want a version with booklet and box :-(

Archive

zelda oot golden version

posted by WanganRunner on Jan 19, 2005:

So which version of OOT was on the promotional Gamecube disc?

I actually have the disc, but I've never gotten around to actually playing it.

Archive

zelda oot golden version

posted by madhatter256 on Jan 19, 2005:

Evangelion-01 said:

i dont want a loose version :-( i want a version with booklet and box :-(

I lost my box and booklet :-(. The promotional disc contains the final clean version of Zelda OOT as well as the 64DD counterpart expansion called Uru Zelda which is based off OOT but with many things in the game switched around.

Archive

zelda oot golden version

posted by cahaz on Jan 19, 2005:

Greatsaintlouis said:

I don't think there was ever a non-gold version of Majora released, just the holo/non-holo versions.

Eva-01, keep checking in your local Gamestop if they still sell N64 games - we'd get about one gold OOT cart a week, and they go for the same $9.99 as the grey one. Sadly, the 'gold' paint is really poor quality, and tends to rub off easily, leaving a tan-ish colored cart beneath.

cahaz said:

The cart is gold, just like in the good ol' times on the nes

I wish. :smt009 Sadly, the N64 carts are neither as shiny as the old NES, nor is the paint as durable.

Son of cahaz said:

I think ver. 1.00 is the only one with the URA DD expension traces in it (that where found) too but i'm not sure, can anyone confirm?

Now THIS has my interest - what traces are these, exactly?

I saw some pictures on google showing the Log quest where you choose one of the three games with some DD expension traces, there was a new option or something , i can't remember what exactly. It was like a connection code for the future URA. The code was found using a gameshark. i tried to find it again, but i wasn't able to. :smt022

there's also some maps not used in OOT nor masterquest that were found. Alot of people think URA (or master quest) was suposed to more than just OOT with more difficult dungeons, as i do. I one interview i have in a magazine, Miyato talks about that famous URA and from what it looks like, they wanted to do a bigger project than what we finally get. :smt009 the game was suposed to use the internal clock of the dd by exemple, and there was a rumor about the triforce quest in ura.

i just hope an URA dd prototype will be found to finally be able to view a part the orignial project.

the interesting part of this is that if there was a connection code between OOT and URA, then you can say URA was really an expension, not just a Hard mode of OOT.

and right, there's no gray version of MM.

Archive

zelda oot golden version

posted by Jasonkhowell on Jan 19, 2005:

cahaz, I know what you are talking about:

http://zeldachaos.hostsurreal.net/oot.php?page=ootcc01.html

That was the image (And cheat) you saw. Also, wasn't the N64 rom for Ura Zelda already dumped? Maybe it's just something I heard, but I thought it was.

Archive

zelda oot golden version

posted by cahaz on Jan 19, 2005:

Jasonkhowell said:

cahaz, I know what you are talking about:

http://zeldachaos.hostsurreal.net/oot.php?page=ootcc01.html

That was the image (And cheat) you saw. Also, wasn't the N64 rom for Ura Zelda already dumped? Maybe it's just something I heard, but I thought it was.

exact! this is the picture i was searching for, thx. :-D

the URA zelda rom is a urban web legend, sadly. Though, the master quest file on the promo disc can be readed with a n64 emu, if i remember right, As well as the OOT file. so basicly, the disc contain an emu made by ninty and two n64 roms.