Zelda with Hi-Rez textures

Archive

Post by Archive » June 28th, 2019, 7:07 am

posted by Barc0de on Feb 1, 2007:

http://multiftp.free.fr/z64/hires/celda/ link to download the cel shaded upgrade, without having to pay fileplanet.

Archive

posted by subbie on Feb 1, 2007:

Shadowlayer said:

And yeah nintendo could do that, but with the wii they're going for the "if it sells I dont care" concept, and now is their unofficial motto...

Sadly that mentality is showing heavly twards gamers recently with their comments that they have no plans or care to fix the issue with Mario Kart 64 ghost not working (they dont want to spend the day or two to code support for Mempaks).

While it's a minor issue, its really pathedic they are exspecting people to pay $10 that not every feature works.

Archive

posted by Shadowlayer on Feb 1, 2007:

subbie said:

While it's a minor issue, its really pathedic they are exspecting people to pay $10 that not every feature works.

What I find pathetic is that people would actually bough it instead of looking for it on eBay, or (if they dont want to use their PCs) get a used Xbox and mod it with emus if they're really that desperate to play it on their Tvs and cant plug their old systems....

Anyway, as I said before: if people keeps buying their stuff they have no reason to change their strategy at all.

Archive

posted by GaijinPunch on Feb 1, 2007:

Anyway, as I said before: if people keeps buying their stuff they have no reason to change their strategy at all.

This can be said about not only Nintendo, but Taito, Capcom, and every other company putting out collections which aren't faithful to the versions we group up on. $30 for a collection is a great price if they look right. When I can play them in MAME and have them look like their originals, it's a joke.

Archive

posted by subbie on Feb 1, 2007:

Shadowlayer said:

What I find pathetic is that people would actually bough it instead of looking for it on eBay, or (if they dont want to use their PCs) get a used Xbox and mod it with emus if they're really that desperate to play it on their Tvs and cant plug their old systems....

It's amazing what you can find sometimes at local game shops if you look. I do have a local shop that is a total rip off (like $30-$40 canadian for used n64 games cart only) yet one time at my local eb I picked up Banjo Kazooie for $14 (canadian) for cart only. Personaly I would rather own the original cart version then pay $10 for a rom I can't play on a friends system nor be able to trade with friends or later just sell off cheap and recoup a few bucks.

GaijinPunch said:

This can be said about not only Nintendo, but Taito, Capcom, and every other company putting out collections which aren't faithful to the versions we group up on. $30 for a collection is a great price if they look right. When I can play them in MAME and have them look like their originals, it's a joke.

I have to somewhat disagree. Some compilaitons are quite nice and sometimes the parent company goes out of their way to build a nice collection. Take for instance the new Genesis collection from sega. It's loaded to the brim with games and only retails for $20 US for ps2 version or $30 for the psp version. The disc contains original manuals as well as tons of bonus items (4 classic arcade games as well as art and interviews with the original development staff). Thats a far cry from what nintendo gives wich is just the rom (and the software to play it) and a crapy manual.

Atm sony is fairing a little better but will improve when their ps1 downloads work on ps3 as well. For the $6 you spend on ps1 downloads, you get 5 download licenses to install on any system (including your friends).

Archive

posted by Barc0de on Feb 1, 2007:

I m amazed by the dedication shown by ordinary fans of consoles, people like subbie or Zilmar, who although they have jobs to do, still find time to do something as complete as they possibly can.

On the other hand, companies charging money for their copyright , half-ass the experience by not providing support.

Hats off to microsoft for being the most responsive out of the three when it comes to consumer demand. Nintendo is the most stubborn and retarded one in this field, and it is unfortunate that the Wii, despite its capabilities as a popular platform is being chocked by it's executive's bean-counting philosophy.

Archive

posted by Shadowlayer on Feb 1, 2007:

GaijinPunch said:

This can be said about not only Nintendo, but Taito, Capcom, and every other company putting out collections which aren't faithful to the versions we group up on.

The problem I see is that nintendo has based its entire business operation based solely on this concept, while leaving new games as merely a small part of their lineup, or at least thats what is looks like with just a few of first party titles coming during the next months.

Dunno but I can say any other major hardware company would get fist-fucked by the consummer if they thought about releasing old overpriced games on an old overpriced console.

Therefore, if people is getting rip-off by nintendo, is their fault and not nintendo's since they were the ones that received the Wii and VC MSRP with open hands.

On the other hand look how sony left behind the idea of a HDMI-less PS3 after the wave of hate mail coming from every gamer in the intertubes...

subbie said:

Personaly I would rather own the original cart version then pay $10 for a rom I can't play on a friends system nor be able to trade with friends or later just sell off cheap and recoup a few bucks.

Totally agree, and I think that whats going to wear-out the hype surrounding the VC (specially when modchips and homebrew emus become a reality).

I mean, is that difficult to allow for trade-ins between users?. Obviously when nintendo's sales dept got the numbers on how much extra money they could make if they DIDNT put that option in the final, things got a little bit different...

And the waves of fanboy's kissing reggie's ass didnt help either.

Archive

posted by Taucias on Feb 1, 2007:

Shadowlayer said:

So instead of downloading the game on Virtual Console you suggest buying a used XBox, modding it, then filling it with emulators and ROMs? How many VC games could you buy with that kind of investment?

Also, it is illegal.

Archive

posted by Shadowlayer on Feb 2, 2007:

Taucias said:

So instead of downloading the game on Virtual Console you suggest buying a used XBox, modding it, then filling it with emulators and ROMs? How many VC games could you buy with that kind of investment?

I say if they're soooo desperate they cant hook-up their old systems to the Tv, which seems to be the biggest excuse behind using VC.

And you can get a used Xbox for less than $50, which is less than 5 N64 games on VC.

Archive

posted by Garlo on Feb 2, 2007:

And you can get a used Xbox for less than $50, which is less than 5 N64 games on VC.

WHERE????!!

No, really! For 50 bucks I should get two. Image Sell one, keep one. Or mod one and keep the other for Xbox Live.

I'm a bit torn regarding the VC on the Wii. On one hand, yes some of the games are cheaper on cart. On the other, how cool is to be able to take your entire game collection on a single compact console? Those of you with modded Xboxen knows what I am talking about. Except for the "compact" part heh And yeah, it is hard to pay for something when you are used to just stealing it, err, downloading it for "evaluation"

I have given it a bit of tought, and so far I think VC purchases should be carefully selected, not ignored entirely. For instance, Super Mario Bros for 5 bucks? No way Reggie! Gunstar Heroes for 8? Why, yes please. After all, finding it on my country is super-hard and if you even get to find it, it's a also expensive. Hell, most Genesis games here cost 8 bucks, without case, manual and shipping and you bet the label is yellowed or ripped off.

I'm pretty much set to get Mario 64 when I get a Wii. Already got the cash, haven't found the console Image Here most people sell that cart for about 8-10 bucks anyway, and I save myself the hassle of getting a N64 and working controller. What can I say, I'm crazy about Mario games Image