Zelda

Archive

Zelda

Post by Archive » June 28th, 2019, 7:07 am

posted by randyrandall on Aug 31, 2011:

I liked how hourglass controlled, but despised returning to that same stupid dungeon over and over!!

Archive

Zelda

posted by HCK on Sep 2, 2011:

OK so I'm up to the shadow world in TP... and it's really made me think... in my opinion this is the absolute worst of the console Zelda games Nintendo has made. I just wanted to say it publicly. The other games, even the ones that I had a problem with or that I don't understand others fascination with (Oot, I'm looking at you) I had a good time playing. They were a joy to play. TP... it's a pain in the ass. It's reached the point where I've invested enough time in it that I'm going to finish it, but I will never ever come back to it again and I will not speak kindly of it in mixed company.

I'll give you my personal ranking of Zelda console games here in a second, but I think one of the things that's dogging Zelda games is this: there's no sense of pacing. Here is is, the end of the kingdom, and there's a chicken asking me if I want to play a game and count cats. WTF. There's no sense of urgency in Zelda games. No sense that the world is going it end. Hell, take time off and go fishing and catch bugs. Gannon will wait. Pacing. Nintendo. Work on it.

Here's the top Zelda games IMHO:

Zelda II: Link's Advanture
Zelda: Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda Wind Walker
Zelda Oop
Zelda TP

Archive

Zelda

posted by hugh on Sep 3, 2011:

I have Hour Glass for the DS as well, but I had to stop playing it. I was getting Link what I wanted to do with the damn stylus, keep wanting to use the control pad. :banghead: Not to mention I was getting tired of returning to the same damn dudgeon with a time limit! Image

=hugh

Archive

Zelda

posted by HCK on Sep 15, 2011:

Finally beat TP. What a piece of shit.