Zelda

Archive

Zelda

Post by Archive » June 28th, 2019, 7:07 am

posted by HCK on Aug 3, 2011:

I liked wind walker graphically. But yeah, the sailing... I stopped playing it because of the sailing.

I am, however, giving it another chance after I'm done with Twilight Princess. I'm at the point now in TP that it's not fun, so I don't know if I'll actually finish it or just... throw it to the wolves.

Won't be revisiting anything on the 64. Ugly, Ugly, Ugly.

Archive

Zelda

posted by karsten on Aug 3, 2011:

i considered the final battle the best part of TP. the only part that had a speciale feeling, athmosphere.

Archive

Zelda

posted by Consumed on Aug 3, 2011:

The Zelda games have always left me cold. I've tried them all from the SNES onward with the exception of the handheld versions and I've done my absolute damnedest to like them but well, they're all just so deathly dull. Friends have raved about them and told me repeatedly to give them another chance but just how long are you meant to play something that's just not fun?

The Metroid series has exactly the same effect on me, they all just bore me to tears.

Archive

Zelda

posted by 90s Gamer on Aug 3, 2011:

I would agree on the point of Windwaker's boring exploration system; it remains the only Zelda game i didn't complete. I do not agree on Twilight Princess being a 'empty', mediocre game, i think it's the most atmospheric and innovative title since A Link To The Past. It's also the first Zelda-title that made me want to spend more than 60+ hours with it.

As for the Sword-combat-system, that was always limited in the Zelda games. Twilight Princess may lack epic Sword-fights, but it does contain epic battles, namely the boss ones. Especially that gigantic Skeleton and that bird at Sky Palace.

The secondary items were the ones that made the games interesting; the Hookshot, Double Clawshot, Gale Boomerang, that Zelda III mirror, Titan Gloves, even Bombs...These items are in my opinion, the main 'stars' in the Zelda games. Attaining one of these items makes the gamer becoming more interested in exploring what was unreachable before (Back-tracking, like Metroid).

Archive

Zelda

posted by XerdoPwerko on Aug 3, 2011:

There was no good Zelda after 1993.

I loved Zelda 2 - it was a positive step forward for the series.

Link's awakening is a work of art and love, which I am currently revisiting.

And Link to the Past is an absolutely perfect game - it's a masterpiece among games.

Ocarina of time, I found bland and rather overrated, even when it was new.

Archive

Zelda

posted by HCK on Aug 3, 2011:

I keep trying to get excited about Skyward Sword; but I'm finding it difficult.

Archive

Zelda

posted by Rogue on Aug 3, 2011:

HCK said:

Won't be revisiting anything on the 64. Ugly, Ugly, Ugly.

Well. Perhaps you was playing something more "advanced" just before trying the N64 games.
That's quite common. People play a game and when play an older game think that it's ugly.

I think Majora's Mask is smooth and beautiful. And it's graphically superior than a lot of early PS2 games. It's very beautiful, really.

I can't stand 2D Zelda games. The GBC ones are cool, but the SNES one can be called ugly. Ugly and full of flaws, IMO. The collision detection and the sound are not very good.

Archive

Zelda

posted by HCK on Aug 4, 2011:

Rogue said:

Well. Perhaps you was playing something more "advanced" just before trying the N64 games.
That's quite common. People play a game and when play an older game think that it's ugly.

I think Majora's Mask is smooth and beautiful. And it's graphically superior than a lot of early PS2 games. It's very beautiful, really.

I can't stand 2D Zelda games. The GBC ones are cool, but the SNES one can be called ugly. Ugly and full of flaws, IMO. The collision detection and the sound are not very good.

No, I played N64 from day 1. Paid $700 to get the console and a copy of Mario 64 the day after the Japanese launch. It just has not aged well at all. Not at all.

But then, it's difficult for me to play PS1 driving games as well.

Archive

Zelda

posted by GaijinPunch on Aug 4, 2011:

I loved Wind Waker, even though it has dead spots. I like cell shading, and other than sailing all over the place I liked it. It was also the first thing I played after an 8-month straight PSO circle jerk, so that might have had something to do with it.

Archive

Zelda

posted by graciano1337 on Aug 4, 2011:

I've never finished a Zelda game. I have A Link to the Past. I spent a lot of time messing around in OoT. I played the original numerous times growing up. One of these days...