Archive

Post by Archive » June 28th, 2019, 7:14 am

posted by GaijinPunch on Aug 26, 2008:

and she ended up asking me how many times a week do I wank

Bless her heart. Get her number.

Archive

posted by Martin on Aug 26, 2008:

got her mail, but I am now in amsterdam, on my way back. Hey ho!

I use watashi mostly btw.

Archive

posted by GaijinPunch on Aug 27, 2008:

Sounds like you'll have to wait for her to visit. As a resident of Tokyo, it would have to be an amazing piece of ass for me to try to pull anyone working in Narita... the shit is just too far away.

Archive

posted by Midnight Milkshake on Aug 27, 2008:

I "use" watashi, but, as I said before, I don't speak XD. Another thing that I do when I'm in Japan is bowing to everyone that salutes me, I know that it's stupid, but if someone says "hi/welcome/something similiar" I can't answer, so I bow XD

Archive

posted by Perkunas on Aug 30, 2008:

Yakumo said:

you can say the lowest form of Japanese and impress someone here. They think that none of us can speak Japanese.

Today the family went to the Bakan Festival. basically it's the city's yearly festival to remember the old name before in became Shimonoseki. Pretty much half the population of the city attend this festival. Anyway, to get back on topic, I went to a store to buy some fried chicken. Instantly I got the "dumb foreigner treatment" with "This is Japanese KFC" from the store seller in bad English. This sort of thing pisses me off after having to listen to it for 11 years. Anyway, I said in Japanese, "Yes I know". The store seller was like, WOW!!! YOU SPEAK GREAT JAPANESE. Yeah yeah, just give me my karaakge and sod off was what I was thinking. Then I got the "You American?" God, you can't believe how annoying that is. Ever white guy is American and every black guy is from New York a black friend of mine was saying.

rant over! Yeah, I'm in a foul mood tonight.

Yakumo

I often had the exact same experience here. As if all white foreigners are Americans and speak only English.
Worse sometimes, however, is when you tell them you come from a European country which is not GB, France, Germany, Spain or Italy. Some (a very small minority but still) duly assume you're from a poor eastern european ex-USSR republic, or say things like "So you speak Belgianese right?" :x

But really, there's all sorts of Japanese people though.
Some might never have met a foreigner before, or have always stayed in Japan. Others might have been in Europe, Australia or the States or might even have studied there. This is why there are quite a few different attitudes towards foreigners, from positive to negative. =)

I've only had one bad experience with a guy in Kyoto yelling hysterically in bad english to stop riding my bike on the pavement. At first it was only me he was yelling at, but as an older Japanese man on his bike passed us, the guy realized he couldn't let the other one just pass like that so he started yelling at him too. I acted as if I couldn't understand any English, told him in Japanese he should better take a look at all the other bicyclists and realize there's no one riding on the road, before venting out.

Archive

posted by GaijinPunch on Aug 31, 2008:

I've only had one bad experience with a guy in Kyoto yelling hysterically in bad english to stop riding my bike on the pavement.

Tell him to go fuck himself. You are legally entitled to ride your bicycle on the sidewalk or the street. It is the one and only perk of cycling you have, as automobiles and pedestrians alike are required by law to ignore you, and cut you off at any possible time.

Archive

posted by Yakumo on Aug 31, 2008:

GaijinPunch said:

Tell him to go fuck himself. You are legally entitled to ride your bicycle on the sidewalk or the street. It is the one and only perk of cycling you have, as automobiles and pedestrians alike are required by law to ignore you, and cut you off at any possible time.

Yep. The amount of times I've had dumb blink idiots just walk right in front on my bike. They deserve to be ran over if you ask me :nod:

Yakumo

Archive

It's still better than Hawaii. When I ride in the street (where I'm legally only allowed to) I have people scream at me to "get out of the fucking road".

Archive

posted by Jamtex on Aug 31, 2008:

GaijinPunch said:

As a resident of Tokyo, it would have to be an amazing piece of ass for me to try to pull anyone working in Narita...

By the way how is the wife and kid?

Archive

Jamtex said:

By the way how is the wife and kid?

Generally pissed off at me about something.