1 of 4 Conker XBOX systems went for AU$610

Archive

Post by Archive » June 26th, 2019, 7:55 pm

posted by HEX1GON on Oct 21, 2012:

Borman said:

People are strange here sometimes. It's a Rare (in more ways than one) console featuring a relatively loved character. 1 out of 4. People spend silly money on stranger things than that, thinking he lucked out on missing what could be a once-in-a-lifetime auction on these forums of all places is crazy.

Wish you would have won it Hex, if only for some high resolution pictures.

I wanted to make a video on it Image. Oh well I think it went to someone in the States, maybe you can track him down Image

Archive

posted by Bramsworth on Oct 21, 2012:

Borman said:

People are strange here sometimes. It's a Rare (in more ways than one) console featuring a relatively loved character. 1 out of 4. People spend silly money on stranger things than that, thinking he lucked out on missing what could be a once-in-a-lifetime auction on these forums of all places is crazy.

Well, of course what I said was just a joke at how I personally don't really like it. I don't really think he lucked out on not getting it or something, of course we all have our own interests and it sucks when we miss the chance to get them.

Archive

posted by MoonTar on Oct 21, 2012:

HeXiGON said:

I wanted to make a video on it Image. Oh well I think it went to someone in the States, maybe you can track him down Image

The person who bought it, I don't believe has ever taken any pictures of his or her collection, and I know the collection must be massive just in Xbox consoles alone because the buyer has been buying rare Xbox consoles for a long time.

Archive

posted by johnace on Oct 22, 2012:

Looking at the pictures it looks like a crystal xbox that has been painted on the inside, because of the silver jewel.

Archive

posted by kiff on Oct 22, 2012:

Did it come with any paperwork? Do you have anymore details about the event at which it was given away?
I am gutted you didn't win it too, would have been nice for some hi-res pictures!

I am shocked that I have never seen this before...

Archive

posted by HEX1GON on Oct 22, 2012:

kiff said:

Did it come with any paperwork? Do you have anymore details about the event at which it was given away?
I am gutted you didn't win it too, would have been nice for some hi-res pictures!

I am shocked that I have never seen this before...

No paper work was mentioned in the auction. It was won at a tournament in Sydney city... That's all that was mentioned...

Collectors xbox! Won this item at the Galleries Victoria building in Sydney city in a 'Conkers Bad Fur Day' xbox tournament. There were only 4 of these xbox's hand sprayed by the Microsoft company for the winning prize and thus it is a collectors piece!

It has been kept in great condition because of its nature and has been kept in a dust free zone. There are no defects at all in the systems hardware or software and it all runs as well as any xbox out there today.

If I had an income I would of spent what ever to get it, sadly it's ruined a once in a life chance for me. Image

@MoonTar: How do you know who bought it? The usernames are censored...

@johnace: Most limited edition XBOX systems have silver jewels, like the Kasumi Chan, Hello Kitty and the Crystal Pack.

Archive

posted by deseoparadise on Oct 24, 2012:

This is official?