Your Video Game Annoyances and Inconveniences?

Archive

Post by Archive » June 28th, 2019, 7:05 am

posted by dc16 on Apr 6, 2015:

Game developers should learn to make max $9 million games, if their titles end up in the bargain bin within three years.

Archive

posted by Rogue on Apr 6, 2015:

MonkeyBoyJoey said:

I was playing Portal 2 on PC once and the game moved my save files to a different folder so I was unable to access them. I moved them back and I'm able to use them again. That happened while I was on the last level. I was not happy.

That's not the same thing. That seems like a glitch or something that you (or someone using your computer) mistakenly did.
I was talking about the stupid idea of "helping the player" with some innovation for the lazy generation that the dvd space made possible. That's ok until messing with save files.

Archive

posted by MonkeyBoyJoey on Apr 6, 2015:

Rogue said:

That's not the same thing. That seems like a glitch or something that you (or someone using your computer) mistakenly did.
I was talking about the stupid idea of "helping the player" with some innovation for the lazy generation that the dvd space made possible. That's ok until messing with save files.

My apologies for the confusion. I didn't mean it like that. I meant it as it was on the same subject as save games. I'll remove the quote in an edit.

A couple Valve games are actually known to do this on their Steam versions. It wasn't myself and it definitely wasn't anyone else (it happened on my laptop and I'm the only one using it). On rare occurrences, those games move save files to a different folder for some reason. I guess you could call it a bug with those games. This has been reported by a lot of people, not just me.