Yuji Naka : We never should have stopped making hardware

Archive

Post by Archive » June 28th, 2019, 7:06 am

posted by Jamtex on Feb 11, 2009:

Piffle Super Mario World and SMB III are much better then Mario 64 and Galaxy, we had a vote on it and SMW won. Image

Archive

posted by Yakumo on Feb 11, 2009:

Alchy said:

You've been trying to tell us that all sorts of sub-par Wii games are actually decent for months now, and I'm not sure I believe you.

All I can say is stop believing the shit on the net and actually sit down and play. On NTSC-UK there's a thread about the new Castlevania game that explains why it's good. Also there are plenty who think the new Sonic game is also good. The PS3 and 360 versions are different games than the Wii. The problem is that reviews on IGN and the likes are based upon how much commission they get and reviews on forums are mostly written by fanboys. In Sonics case they're still whining because it's not like the good old 2D days. Wankers! It may not be like the older games but that doesn't mean it's bad. It's far better than any crap since Sonic Adventure. Same goes for Castlevania Judgement. Just because it plays more like Power Stone than say Virtua Fighter or Teken, it's instantly deemed crap. The only real way to know if a game is good or not is to sit your arse down and play.

I'm no Nintendo fan boy, I thought the N64 and Cube were pretty poor overall then again I did prefer the SFC over the Mega Drive. I'm no raving Sonic nut or Castlevania freak so I have no reason to blatantly bull shit about something being good when it's not. It's all down to personal taste and giving a game time.

Yakumo

Archive

posted by Barc0de on Feb 11, 2009:

speaking of good games, I was drawn into the Metroid universe again last night for about 6 hours before my eyes shut down in 6 in the morning! Metroid Prime 3 is a fantastic game, although quite on the easy side compared to previous titles. How can it be that Metroid as a franchise is so awesome yet most people never played/heard of it? :|

I think anyone who had a nintendo can vouch for all 3 recent metroid games, now all playable on the Wii

Archive

posted by Jamtex on Feb 13, 2009:

Yakumo said:

Same goes for Castlevania Judgement. Just because it plays more like Power Stone than say Virtua Fighter or Teken, it's instantly deemed crap.

Noticed you choose two technical fighting games that are on the Playstation 3...

Archive

posted by Yakumo on Feb 13, 2009:

What? Power Stone is also on the PS3? If so, time to say (not that I get much chance being a Wii owner!) Been there, Done that :lol:

Yakumo

Archive

posted by Shadowlayer on Feb 20, 2009:

Man have we talked about this...

SEGA was broke, MC hammer broke, so the same ol' shithead execs agreed on going "hammer time!!1!one" on the little white wonder AKAImageC

I believe it all boils down to MS making their own console instead of buying SEGA. If you consider how much money they lost on the first Xbox, buying SEGA even during the short DC heyday would've been cheaper.

Then there are some details like not having a DVD even when it wasn't that expensive, relying too much on future web possibilities but being released right at the end of the bubble and mere months before the crash.

I still believe SEGA could go old school and release a budget console like the Wii, but if that means even more shit games (I dont believe thats possible but who knows) then forget it.

Barc0de said:

don't be naive, if nintendo bought sonic we'd have a proper sonic game, something long overdue.

You mean waiting 12 years for the next one, while having to endure countless craptastic party and sport games?

Yeah, that would be greatImage

Archive

posted by Barc0de on Feb 20, 2009:

no mario title had a wait of 12 years between one and the next. Waiting a bit more for much better results is better than what we're getting every other year from sonic team.

Archive

posted by ServiceGames on Feb 20, 2009:

Shadowlayer said:

Then there are some details like not having a DVD even when it wasn't that expensive, relying too much on future web possibilities but being released right at the end of the bubble and mere months before the crash.

Before I start picking anything apart unnecessarily could you please further explain what you mean by all of this.

Good to see you posting again. Maybe you were still around, but I hadn't noticed you in any active conversation.

Archive

posted by Barc0de on Feb 20, 2009:

yeah, where the hell were you Shadowlayer?

Archive

posted by graciano1337 on Feb 20, 2009:

Barc0de said:

yeah, where the hell were you Shadowlayer?

i think i read somewhere it was a mission so secret he doesn't even remember what it was.