zelda oot golden version

Archive

zelda oot golden version

Post by Archive » June 28th, 2019, 7:07 am

posted by Alchy on Jan 19, 2005:

WanganRunner said:

So which version of OOT was on the promotional Gamecube disc?

I actually have the disc, but I've never gotten around to actually playing it.

If you mean the disc that came with the special edition of Wind Waker, it has normal Ocarina of Time (in a higher res with AA) and Ura Zelda (OoT Master quest).

Archive

zelda oot golden version

posted by cahaz on Jan 19, 2005:

Alchy said:

WanganRunner said:

So which version of OOT was on the promotional Gamecube disc?

I actually have the disc, but I've never gotten around to actually playing it.

If you mean the disc that came with the special edition of Wind Waker, it has normal Ocarina of Time (in a higher res with AA) and Ura Zelda (OoT Master quest).

i think he wanted to know wich version number is OOT on the OOT/MQ disc. Not sure of that, but i think it uses a newer version ( like a 1.3 ) because alot of tricks/glitches where fixed/removed in it.

Archive

zelda oot golden version

posted by AntiPasta on Jan 19, 2005:

TheDeathcoaster said:

http://www.eeggs.com/items/17545.html

http://zso.krahs-emag.com/beta/

Thats only from a quick google. I cant find the site that had all the cooler stuff Image The site had codes to access beta Goldeneye and Perfect Dark stuff too.

You mean Detstar? http://www.detstar.com

Archive

zelda oot golden version

posted by cahaz on Jan 19, 2005:

AntiPasta said:

TheDeathcoaster said:

http://www.eeggs.com/items/17545.html

http://zso.krahs-emag.com/beta/

Thats only from a quick google. I cant find the site that had all the cooler stuff Image The site had codes to access beta Goldeneye and Perfect Dark stuff too.

You mean Detstar? http://www.detstar.com

detstar is difnitly a must have in the favs, regrouping a big part of the misteries behind n64 games.

going slightly off-topic too, i wish someday someone will complete the missing codes to use the perfect head option in PD. Imagerayer:

Archive

zelda oot golden version

posted by TheDeathcoaster on Jan 19, 2005:

Thats not the site I was thinking of...but that is one of the sites I was reading up on at the time.

Archive

zelda oot golden version

posted by madhatter256 on Jan 19, 2005:

Greatsaintlouis said:

Also, in the GCN version, they changed the Gerudo symbol from the star and cresent moon (Turkish flag and common Islamic symbol) to something else.

Wait, so the original Zelda had the Muslims as the bad guys too? :smt043

I'm sorry, that was a low blow, but it couldn't be helped.

Anyways, back on topic and political correctness: Are the cut level parts (Burning Kakariko Village, Temple Of Light, whatever else) present in the GCN version - wasn't the 'Master Quest' game they released the same as the 64DD code that never made it out the door?

And does anyone have any websites detailing these Ura Zelda bits that one can access via a Gameshark? I have both a GS and the gold OOT, and I'm a sucker for beta code left in games. :-D

Semi-OT: It seems a decent amount of <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp ... 64%20games" onmouseover="window.status='N64 games'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">N64 games</a> have unfinished code easily accessable with a Gameshark (007, Perfect Dark, OOT). Does anyone know of any other shenanigans that can be experienced with a GS and N64 games?

[/quote]

Well I remember that if you have GS Pro, you can look at code, thats how the Goldeneye fans were able to find the hidden Citadel Level as well as creating a face mapping program to put faces on enemies in GE via the GS Pro.

I'm sure you'll find code. Look for El Puerco, if you played MM i'm talking about the Pig mask you wear, but during the OOT development they were to use a pig character in one part of the game. Of course this might be a myth cuz I heard about this creature thru gamefaqs.com and you know how they are inept in info like this ;-). I'm pretty sure you'll find something cool, heck if you have Perfect Dark, you'll find code pertaining to Goldeney, as well as models from GE like the body armor or the silenced DK5 Deutsche (my favorite weapon in GE).

And since I own the gold OOT and found out that some of the Gerudo symbols are reminiscent of islamic religion, as well as the song in the Fire Temple where you here a muslim chant which when translated is just a harmless phrase. I think it translated out to "Be Strong and Willful", something like that, not like "Kill Americans" :smt043 . If you think it was the christian conservatives who wanted that stuff taken out, well thats part of the reason, the other part was that the Islamic Society of Washington State (where Nintendo of America is located) filed legal action about the music, and the portrayal of the religious symbols in an improper way.

Archive

zelda oot golden version

posted by Mr. Casual on Jan 19, 2005:

Myths are abound about Zelda OOT. Like the myth about a Huge Rock with a hole leading into an underground tavern with a magical talking beer flask. :smt033

Archive

zelda oot golden version

posted by madhatter256 on Jan 19, 2005:

Mr. Casual said:

Myths are abound about Zelda OOT. Like the myth about a Huge Rock with a hole leading into an underground tavern with a magical talking beer flask. :smt033

I remember that lol. God I feel stupid now remembering I kept spamming gamefaqs about where the hheck is the rock. Onething I find funny about 1.00 version is that if you start fresh and play all the way until you reach Gerudo Valley, the game freezes completly. The other one was that if you go into Ganons castle, fight him to the part where he knocks out your master sword and you have to go get it, you can pause the game - save it - then reset it and you start the game without the sword and you can use the hookshot, big sword, etc while riding Epona. Boy those wehre some good times.

Archive

zelda oot golden version

posted by Greatsaintlouis on Jan 19, 2005:

Man, it seems like a lot of the tricks for getting hidden functions of the game or using Zelda DD stuff involve unseating the cartridge - something I can imagine is too good for the hardware. :smt009

cahaz said:

there's also some maps not used in OOT nor masterquest that were found. Alot of people think URA (or master quest) was suposed to more than just OOT with more difficult dungeons, as i do.

I think so as well. I thought I read somewhere that with the 'Master Quest'/'Ura Zelda' or whatever it was called, Miyamoto was trying to make the Zelda 64 he really wanted, something a lot harder and more realistic. One example I remember reading about was a Fable-esque consequences system - for example, if you slashed up a sign, it would stay like that all game, and you couldn't read what was on it.

Archive

zelda oot golden version

posted by Mr. Casual on Jan 19, 2005:

Wasnt the 64DD supposed to let you see enemy carcasses on the field, even after you turned the game off a couple of times, and eventually bugs would go to the carcasses as well, or something freaky like that?

Perhaps 'The legend of Zelda' for the Gamecube is the version of OOT that Shigeru Miyamoto really wanted. Maybe thats also another reason he ditched the cel-shaded cartoony look for this game as well. We Won't know until it comes out...or until someone leaks info. :smt043 More than likely, the info will get out. It happened to a lot of games, recently...

Does "URA" stand for something, btw?