Zelda Spirit Tracks Box Art

Archive

Post by Archive » June 28th, 2019, 7:07 am

posted by Importaku on Nov 17, 2009:

I'd love to see how most americans would deal with this game LOL, one can never have too much tingle.

Very good game too but will most likely stay in japan as americans fear they will turn gay if they play a tingle game, quite why they hate him so much i have no idea. Personally i find the games hillarious LOL

Archive

posted by alecjahn on Nov 18, 2009:

Mr. Casual said:

I blame most of America's covers on what some guy in an office thinks people want to see...

Exactly. No one (...I don't think) is attacking the people of our country, but instead the image that our people have aparently created of themselves. This isn't to say it's completely some marketing guy's fault, because it's not like he's fully ignorant of the people he's targeting. Obviously, he's the one with that job, not you or I (I guess I can't logically speak for 'you', since I don't know what 'you' do, but anyways...). His motive is money, and he wants it to sell. He's going to make the best (in his opinion) decision to make this product sell. If it's creating some facade about the actual game or trying to interpret it's contents or relating it's contents by the cover art, as opposed to staying accurate, he's going for the former.

EDIT: @Importaku - That just needs a... *MAKEOVER!!!!!*

Archive

posted by MitsuruX on Nov 18, 2009:

I actually like the American version better... it seems more mysterious to me with the grey train and Knight character... (Lack of color etc.)

Archive

posted by Importaku on Nov 18, 2009:

The box is even beter than that in reality, as it actually has rainbow hologram hearts on the cover, it's like Nintedo just did it all on purpose to see how much they could get away with on the box LOL

I'd love to see how they could make him more badass, somehow i don't think a pair of angry kirby eyes would be enough hehe.

Archive

posted by alecjahn on Nov 18, 2009:

ASSEMbler said:

alecjahn, I want to play it because I like trains lol.

Hey, I like trains, too. For me, Zelda is for swords and Densha De Go! is for locomotion (you've got to swing your hips now).

The point I made in my head but didn't really articulate well was to reinforce what seemed like your original point of how Link is ready to cut some cell-shaded M-Fer down on the US cover, but tooting along under the blue skies elsewhere.

My favorite part is the PEGI rating. "A 7-year old can handle this shit." (I don't mean for that to be a stab at the game, just a funny note). I wish they could put that next to the angry USA Link. Image (then you can start an argument about rating systems, and how the US has it at E/10+ but... don't.)

Archive

posted by randyrandall on Nov 18, 2009:

Tingle was translated and released here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freshly-Picked_Tingle's_Rosy_Rupeeland

Archive

posted by Importaku on Nov 18, 2009:

Yup indeed it was the one i posted above is the second game yet to leave japan, i must admit i was kind of shocked that the first one got a english release it was a plesant suprise Image

Archive

posted by Mr. Casual on Nov 19, 2009:

I admit, I wouldn't buy a tingle game. I always hated Tingle though.

Archive

posted by lllsondowlll on Nov 19, 2009:

Is it me or is Zelda about a half inch away from turning into "The Legend of Zelda: The Wild West" or "Counting with Link" Where is the fairies and the horses and the adventure? Boats... Okay. Trains now? Whats next Link starship adventures? Sorry guys I just miss the olden days. And if what Mr. Casual said was true about the spoilers and he isn't joking then I have just lost all faith.

Archive

posted by Mr. Casual on Nov 19, 2009:

lllsondowlll said:

Is it me or is Zelda about a half inch away from turning into "The Legend of Zelda: The Wild West" or "Counting with Link" Where is the fairies and the horses and the adventure? Boats... Okay. Trains now? Whats next Link starship adventures? Sorry guys I just miss the olden days. And if what Mr. Casual said was true about the spoilers and he isn't joking then I have just lost all faith.

I wasnt joking. Now I might have been fooled by a troll or some fake pics, but the train I saw in the screenshot had something like Ganon's face on it. I bet its like a mid-boss version of him though.