Zilog's Lame-Tastic Collection (update: Nintendo Cards!)

Archive

Post by Archive » June 28th, 2019, 7:12 am

posted by Zilog Jones on Dec 27, 2004:

I've never had the money to do any real collecting (read: I've never got off my fat ass to get a proper job), so here's some random stuff which may be of slight interest to... er... someone...?

I didn't bother with my PS2 stuff and the Dreamcast stuff which isn't really mine (it's a friend's, and it's all pretty vanilla stuff), so here's I what I could find besides all that:

Current set-up (guess the game!) - with crappy 14" Panasonic and Sony hi-fi for 75W of stereophonic goodness :smt023

SCART P0WAR!!!!111 ALL YOUR SCART ARE BELONG TO US!!!!1 And so on...

The short-lived Official Irish PlayStation Magazine - I think it only lasted about 10-15 issues (starting June 2000). The majority of the content was just ripped straight from the UK magazine, so it was pretty lame anyway. Could they be worth anything? Does anyone actually collect magazines here?

I'm surpised they got their own cover discs printed for them, though the actual content is just the generic PAL PSM demo disc.

When Videogame Magazines Go Wrong:
What a waste of IR£1.53! Eww. This was Future's replacement for the excellent Arcade - an absolute piece of crap that only lasted 4 issues.

The PSX Twins:
A 5502 and a 5552. Both "well-used but not absolute mank" condition. Was the 5502 the first to use the symbols on the buttons instead of text? I saw someone else's 5500 which still had text written the power and eject buttons. The 5502 there came in the set with two controllers and a memory card, with the nice little red memory card case which I've never seen elsewhere. Did they only come with these sets or something?

And are complete PSXs actually worth anything yet?

Small print: *Good games also available.

My remaining PSX games (all PAL), though I haven't lost much over the years - I think I can live without Alien Trilogy and Die Hard Trilogy: The Non-Sega One. And OK, Suikoden 1 & 2 aren't mine...

God knows how my friend bought these uber-rare games in Ireland, though he did have to go to Cork (about 150km away) to get 2. And thank God they didn't use the US box art - ewwww! :smt009

What's in my wallet?

Hmm, the receipt for Golden Sun, which I bought over two years ago! Don't ask...

My weird Scandinavian Ridge Racer Type 4 box. Weird because I bought it new locally from Smyth's! The manual is also in Swedish, Danish and Finnish, with English right at the back. The game's just the normal PAL version (English/French/German/Italian). Was this done often with games released in Norhtern Europe? WolverineDK - you should know...?

Don't you mean it "may not be available EVER"? Silly SCEE!

My lobotomised Spectrum +2A. The tape deck's borked beyond redemption, which is why I replaced it with a wire to connect to a real tape deck, or even CD player! Ph33r my home-made SCART lead! I fear plugging it in...

My Sega Master System II, with Really Crap® Wire+Sellotape 60Hz mod. I, er, misplaced the casing.

Yay, 60Hz! Too bad the RF socket is crap. Anyone know about composite or RGB mod's for these?

The two crappest SMS games in the world, and the only ones I own (besides the built-in Sonic). I really should buy some good ones...

And on an unrelated note, only *I* would keep this kinda shit:

This was back when LaserDiscs were cool:
No LaserActives in this catalogue though :smt022

I've got loads of old boxed PC games in some cupboard somewhere which I'll add later, and I have hundreds of magazines (CVG '98-'01, Arcade, Edge, some other stuff) if anyone wants pics. Maybe if I stopped buying magazines when I was younger I could afford some goddamn games!

Archive

posted by einbebop44 on Dec 27, 2004:

The game is Tokyo Bus Guide for Dreamcast, is it not? Image

Much like me own "collection." Slapdash and a smogbord of random crap that if I stopped buying I could afford some of the cool shit. :smt043

Archive

posted by Zilog Jones on Dec 27, 2004:

Correct! Here's a prize:

I made it myself!

Archive

posted by sh3-rg on Dec 27, 2004:

Yay! Suikoden & II... top quality games. And R4... there was a guy at the local car boot that had boxes of these with the Jog-Con(?) pad... I picked mine up 'cause I was stuck for a PS pad that week Image

I like the Ireland PSM discs but I have a soft spot for demo disks of all types anyway... got a lot of Mega CD & Saturn ones, too.

Archive

posted by madhatter256 on Dec 27, 2004:

The US SUikoden 1 box art is indeed crap, but part 2 is the same here which is pretty good I think. Anyway

VERY LAME COLLECTION :smt043 :smt043

Just kidding, its a more achievable collection that many of us can achieve, if that makes sense.

Archive

posted by BaZ2 on Dec 27, 2004:

Awesome with the Suikoden games i'm looking for them as well what a pain in the A$$ it's to come by the 2nd one. I also agree on the Suikoden I box art so g@y looking but still awesome game, I can't wait for the new one next month voice acting is going to make the game way better. Also awesome with the Shenmue 2 for dreamcast.

Archive

posted by Topic Archive on Dec 28, 2004:

Very nice, especially loved the:

"Sega Master System II, with Really Crap® Wire+Sellotape 60Hz mod. I, er, misplaced the casing"

...Oh yeah, also fond of the cover for that 'Video Gamer' mag Image (Xbox Prototype)

Archive

posted by ASSEMbler on Dec 28, 2004:

That really looks like it says "anal fantasy" on the left mag. :smt045

Archive

posted by einbebop44 on Dec 28, 2004:

It could well be--look at the main character! :smt043

Archive

posted by madhatter256 on Dec 28, 2004:

einbebop44 said:

It could well be--look at the main character! :smt043

Don't be dissing FF9 now :smt042