iQue Player

Archive

iQue Player

Post by Archive » June 27th, 2019, 12:43 pm

posted by moribund112 on Nov 28, 2008:

Cool.
I'll have to check for that set when I get back.
According to the box you have Mario 64, Zelda, Wave Race 64, and Star Fox as playable demos.

This actually makes it even more difficult for me to wait to go back to China, haha. Chinese Animal Crossing here I come! :dance:

Archive

iQue Player

posted by subbie on Dec 5, 2008:

Hehe, Just to add some minor/stupid info to this topic. I'm hopefuly going to china in march/april to visit my wife's family. So hopefuly I will be able to get out to an iQue store to get my system updated as well as try to grab up as many game manuals as I can (something that seems imposible to find online).

alxbly said:

I can confirm that Dr Mario is bundled in sealed iQue Players. I got my iQue Player about a year and a half ago. It was sealed and has the full version of Dr Mario inside.

Seal intact:

Then, when opened, you can see the full version of Dr Mario inside:

Wicked. Thanks for that bit of info!

Archive

iQue Player

posted by subbie on Dec 5, 2008:

moribund112 said:

Cool.
I'll have to check for that set when I get back.
According to the box you have Mario 64, Zelda, Wave Race 64, and Star Fox as playable demos.

Just FYI, they are timed demos. It's the full game but it only works for a little while then it will lock you out of the demo completly (i think it's 10 mins, i'm not sure).

Archive

iQue Player

posted by wildcat on Dec 6, 2008:

Neat little device! :icon_bigg

Archive

iQue Player

posted by subbie on Mar 17, 2009:

heheh,

Time to bump an old topic.

Sadly in my wife city ique is dead. Of the official shops they barely have a small display case with a gbsp and a ds lite and that was all. The ique depot was sent to a company who deals with after market support. They in turn a while back broke down the machine and sent it back to the company. The even sader part is they threw out ALL of the ique game manuals they had. They did still have two game cards left but they only install games now through ique[at]home which won't work on my unit since the firmware is out of date.

So after wasting 2 full days to get my ique updated, it's now being shipped to the manufacturer in beijing (heh, i was just there last week) for repair so I can use ique[at]home. I did have my wife ask and they said if they by chance still have game manuals in beijing they will send some back with my system (dear god I hope they do and one of them is for zelda which i have but dont have the manual to). So now I wait 5-6 days to get my system back so I can copy two games onto it (and thats it unless the manufacturer sends back some game cards also).

I'm sadly not overly shocked since I think the last game was in 05/07 (forgot which) and I don't think the thing was very popular. Also most ique DS units you can buy in any mall that sells electronics (i've seen many of them at perl market in beijing & found a lot in shenyang).

Anyways will update again when I get my unit back. Lets all hope for some elucive manuals return with my console.

Archive

iQue Player

posted by moribund112 on Mar 18, 2009:

I'll check here in Kunming to see if they have any manuals left...there is a charging station here at one of our department stores, but again they wanted something like 700RMB for the unit, which is pretty outrageous. I wish iQue could control the pricing of their products in department stores...they really charge a premium for these things that just never sell!

Archive

iQue Player

posted by subbie on Mar 18, 2009:

moribund112 said:

I'll check here in Kunming to see if they have any manuals left...there is a charging station here at one of our department stores, but again they wanted something like 700RMB for the unit, which is pretty outrageous. I wish iQue could control the pricing of their products in department stores...they really charge a premium for these things that just never sell!

Charging station? You mean the iQue Depot machine for installing games? Also what the hell are they giving you for 700rmb? The freaking machine?!?

Sucks games are still their original price (48rmb i think).

If you find manuals, let me know and how much they cost. I originaly thought they were sold seperately but I learned from the repair place that they gave them out for free with every game you purchased. I'm hoping in my case they'll just give me a bunch of them if some get sent back with my unit since the repair place will just throw them out again.

Archive

iQue Player

Yeah the machine is over 700RMB, and extra controllers run around 200RMB if I recall correctly!

I've been scouring Taobao for a good deal, and I'll probably be purchasing a used machine within the next few days.

I'll definitely let you know - I remember seeing some of the game cards at our department store. Maybe by this weekend I'll have a better answer for you as my work schedule is pretty killer lately.

Archive

iQue Player

posted by subbie on Mar 18, 2009:

moribund112 said:

Yeah the machine is over 700RMB, and extra controllers run around 200RMB if I recall correctly!

I've been scouring Taobao for a good deal, and I'll probably be purchasing a used machine within the next few days.

I'll definitely let you know - I remember seeing some of the game cards at our department store. Maybe by this weekend I'll have a better answer for you as my work schedule is pretty killer lately.

Ah ok, you're talking about an actual ique unit. Yeah I think my mother in law paid a high amount for mine as well. She end up having to get it at a huge eletronics mall in sheynyang since the official stores stoped caring them. Sucks I didn't think to go try ique stores when I was visiting beijing. I probably would have found something there.

If you can get game cards then thats cool. I might have to bug you to get me a few in the future (since once my unit is updated, you can purchase games through ique[at]home as long as you have the cards, i dont think you can buy through it with visa).

Oh also does the extra controller cost include the base station needed to hook up 3 additional controllers? (which sadly happen to actualy be modified n64 controllers, they can be rewired to actualy work on a real n64).

Archive

iQue Player

The extra controller doesn't include the base station, unfortunately. It's an entirely separate unit, and one that runs around 400RMB.