iQue Player

Archive

iQue Player

Post by Archive » June 27th, 2019, 12:43 pm

posted by subbie on Mar 24, 2009:

moribund112 said:

The extra controller doesn't include the base station, unfortunately. It's an entirely separate unit, and one that runs around 400RMB.

Haha, No wonder this thing never really took off if they're ripping you off that bad for an older system.

Its sad that there probably wont be any future iQue products (rumor of a wii but whats the point really, there oddly enough there are a few wii games already translated to chinese for the hk market and it's not hard to find a place selling a modded wii in china).

Oh my system is back from beijing. Not sure when I go pick it up (sometime between tomorrow and friday, hopefuly tomorrow) and they didn't mention anything about the manuals.

Archive

iQue Player

posted by subbie on Mar 25, 2009:

I got my unit back. Firmware is updated and I can access it on a PC now.

Sadly no manuals. All I got sent back was some advertisement flyer. =(

Also they didn't get any more game cards so I currently have the last two they had for sale.

If by chance you can find manuals at your local iQue store let me know. I'll gladly ship you over some cash to pick me up some (and maybe a few game cards).

Anyways now to figure out what to install. Mario64 & Waverace are out the window since I own the LE rumble eds on both and have a working jpn n64 ImageP). Animal forest is on the fence since I do own the jpn n64 version but i'm currious if there are any changes other then being translated. Paper Mario would be cool but I don't know chinese (yet.., must learn over the next two years). Mario Kart & Starfox i'm thinking against since i've played thoes to death over the years (yet starfox is always fun). F-Zero i've played alot and sold in the past (if i were to get again i'd go n64 due to me having a DD). Zelda64 I have on my iQue. So that leaves sin & punishment, Custom Robo, Yoshi, Excitebike 64 & Smash Bros. I'm tempted it go S&P and Smash Bros but Smash Bros is not fun without multiplayer. Yoshi & excitebike I never really played before & custom robo I know will have language issues for me (much like paper mario).

Any ideas which to take?

Archive

iQue Player

posted by subbie on Mar 26, 2009:

minor update. One game down. I installed sin & punishment on my system.

Sad thing, the flash on this unit is really small. I can't fit both zelda & S&P on the device (it's a few blocks short). Also odd that the games do not share an even size on them. I'm wondering if this means the roms are compressed when stored on flash or they are void of padding (i'm leaning twards compression).

Also i guess the iQue is the first nintendo product that required you to "clean out the fridge" prior to the Wii. :lol: