iQue Player

Archive

iQue Player

Post by Archive » June 27th, 2019, 12:43 pm

posted by babu on Feb 5, 2008:

My brother is in HK right now for a few days so I asked him to look out for a iQue and some place to update it + a Super A'Can

I'm not expecting that he will find any of it.. but just in case Image

Archive

iQue Player

posted by DarthCloud on Feb 5, 2008:

babu said:

My brother is in HK right now for a few days so I asked him to look out for a iQue and some place to update it + a Super A'Can

I'm not expecting that he will find any of it.. but just in case Image

I might be wrong on this but I think that iQue was released only on mainland china

Archive

iQue Player

posted by babu on Feb 5, 2008:

Yeah I wasn't totally sure on that part either.. but you never know.. ^_^;;

Archive

iQue Player

posted by negora on Feb 6, 2008:

I got mine today. I still have to check this, since when I've taken a quick look to it, I've thought maybe this wasn't brand new as I was told... Grrrrr ImageOH: .

Archive

iQue Player

posted by subbie on Feb 6, 2008:

negora said:

I got mine today. I still have to check this, since when I've taken a quick look to it, I've thought maybe this wasn't brand new as I was told... Grrrrr ImageOH: .

Best way to tell if brand new is if the sticker on the bottom is open. Other then that if you asked him to upgrade it then of course the box will be open (since he will need to get to your flash card).

Check if you have online.

I tried to contact the guy on ebay selling iques but sadly no reply from him. Image

Archive

iQue Player

posted by DarthCloud on Feb 6, 2008:

subbie said:

Best way to tell if brand new is if the sticker on the bottom is open. Other then that if you asked him to upgrade it then of course the box will be open (since he will need to get to your flash card).

Check if you have online.

I tried to contact the guy on ebay selling iques but sadly no reply from him. Image

Mine was new but the seal was broken too, I'm thinking that they need to init the cartridge before selling them. I might be wrong on this cause it's a bit weird the have to init a system before selling it but who know.

Anyone ever got a brand new iQue that was actualy sealed???

Archive

iQue Player

posted by subbie on Feb 6, 2008:

DarthCloud said:

Mine was new but the seal was broken too, I'm thinking that they need to init the cartridge before selling them. I might be wrong on this cause it's a bit weird the have to init a system before selling it but who know.

Anyone ever got a brand new iQue that was actualy sealed???

I'm gonna have to disagree. There should be no reason to open it to flash the initial profile (there is none, you set it yourself, every flash card has a unique ID, suposetly).

The theory I have as to why it's open is
Dr Mario.

The system alone is not supost to have any games included (just demos) but posibly at the last min they threw in Dr Mario. Every iQue unit seems to be loaded with the full version of Dr Mario as well include the game's manual.

If Dr Mario was an intenional bundle then
1. You would not have the outer box for the manual, you would just have a manual
2. The box would have been slapped with a sticker to promote that the system includes Dr Mario.

So as a whole I think Dr Mario might have been a last min desision or a desision by iQue stores to boost hw sales.

Archive

iQue Player

posted by DarthCloud on Feb 6, 2008:

subbie said:

I'm gonna have to disagree. There should be no reason to open it to flash the initial profile (there is none, you set it yourself, every flash card has a unique ID, suposetly).

The theory I have as to why it's open is
Dr Mario.

The system alone is not supost to have any games included (just demos) but posibly at the last min they threw in Dr Mario. Every iQue unit seems to be loaded with the full version of Dr Mario as well include the game's manual.

If Dr Mario was an intenional bundle then
1. You would not have the outer box for the manual, you would just have a manual
2. The box would have been slapped with a sticker to promote that the system includes Dr Mario.

So as a whole I think Dr Mario might have been a last min desision or a desision by iQue stores to boost hw sales.

Yes this make more sense. Image

Archive

iQue Player

posted by moribund112 on Feb 7, 2008:

All this talk of iQues makes me want to actually pick one up. They're available at Carrefour here in Kunming for something like 399RMB - not sure about games though, guess I'll have to check it out first.

Archive

iQue Player

posted by subbie on Feb 7, 2008:

moribund112 said:

All this talk of iQues makes me want to actually pick one up. They're available at Carrefour here in Kunming for something like 399RMB - not sure about games though, guess I'll have to check it out first.

Is it an iQue store?

See if you can get game manuals while you're there.
Please ^_^