1:1 NTSC SNES Console Clone / Replica!

Archive

Post by Archive » June 26th, 2019, 7:55 pm

posted by Dosno on Jan 3, 2017:

Getta Robo said:

I see, please let us know when you receive those cables. I am well aware that many Russian / eastern Europe and south American clones had perfect compatibility and options such as region free gameplay, things weren't available on the genuine Nintendo system, it is possible that yours is one of them "good" clones too.

I appreciate the positivity and optimism Image there have been 1 or 2 others on here who claim its "nothing special at all" yet they have failed to show me solid evidence of an identical version. Possibly a little jealous? I am not trying to be some kind of show-off, I know what I have is something not ordinary and just want to know a little more about it Image

Archive

posted by Lum on Jan 3, 2017:

RGB SCART working correctly would be big. Seems like it's THE first thing on the chopping block for clone systems.

Archive

posted by Dosno on Jan 3, 2017:

Lum said:

RGB SCART working correctly would be big. Seems like it's THE first thing on the chopping block for clone systems.

is that the "RF OUT" connection on the back? I have purchased just a standard AV cable for now but I am interested to see what picture this gives out and what the sound quality is like too. Judging by what chips are on the board and who they are made by, combined with the decent build quality, I would guess there is a good chance it might be working? But I wont know anything until I get it powered up..

Archive

posted by Lum on Jan 4, 2017:

Dosno said:

is that the "RF OUT" connection on the back? I have purchased just a standard AV cable for now but I am interested to see what picture this gives out and what the sound quality is like too. Judging by what chips are on the board and who they are made by, combined with the decent build quality, I would guess there is a good chance it might be working? But I wont know anything until I get it powered up..

RF uses the old TV antenna channels, picture and sound on one wire.
RGB is more like a computer monitor.

Archive

posted by rso on Jan 4, 2017:

Any chance to see the underside of the board? Following the traces to the multi-out connector might be helpful. Don't mean to sound rude, but if you do not even have a clue what RGB is, there's just sooo many things other than the console itself that could throw you off (cable sold as RGB but is actually composhite, the whole PAL/NTSC cap/resistor confusion, TV may not accept the signal, ...), so it might make sense to narrow things down a bit beforehand. For example, if the rgb pins aren't even connected, that simplifies things Image

Archive

posted by Dosno on Jan 4, 2017:

rso said:

Any chance to see the underside of the board? Following the traces to the multi-out connector might be helpful. Don't mean to sound rude, but if you do not even have a clue what RGB is, there's just sooo many things other than the console itself that could throw you off (cable sold as RGB but is actually composhite, the whole PAL/NTSC cap/resistor confusion, TV may not accept the signal, ...), so it might make sense to narrow things down a bit beforehand. For example, if the rgb pins aren't even connected, that simplifies things Image

Another person on here wanted to see a photo of that too, as well as a photo of "anything near the CIC chip". Now with respect, I have not paid 50 Bucks for this thing just to give you or him a free show. Some people on here might already know that these photos are the same ones that the seller used to sell the item to me and like I did with said other user, I am willing to show you some basic photos from my camera to prove I now own this system. But as for showing any new-new photos at this early stage in time, it will have to be a No for now.

Archive

Lum said:

RF uses the old TV antenna channels, picture and sound on one wire.
RGB is more like a computer monitor.

I see that regular genuine SNES 1 chip systems on ebay can do this RGB thing, so what would make this clone special if it can do it too? What's the difference in a clone SNES or original 1 chip SNES displaying an RGB image?

Archive

posted by Nice. on Jan 4, 2017:

You ask people for information about this console, but when they ask for pictures to help find out more, you won't give them?

Archive

posted by rso on Jan 4, 2017:

^ this. Applying your very own logic, you did not pay us (or at least me, can't really speak for the others I guess) anything to help (or "give you a show"), so that's exactly what you'll be getting. There We Are Then.

Archive

Nice. said:

You ask people for information about this console, but when they ask for pictures to help find out more, you won't give them?

I posted 7 photos of this console, showing the outside and the inside. I think that is more than enough. I paid 50 Bucks for this and I am not going to give anybody a free show. 1 day in the future, I might post some brand new images. Watch this space..