1:1 NTSC SNES Console Clone / Replica!

Archive

Post by Archive » June 26th, 2019, 7:55 pm

posted by Dosno on Jan 3, 2017:

Hello everyone;

I recently picked up this NTSC SNES system from a guy in Russia. At first glance, it looks exactly identical to the genuine console. However there are a few small signs to tell that this is a clone just before looking inside it. Notice there is an "O" missing from the word "Nintendo" on the sticker at the back? There are also 2 Asian stickers that at one point tried to cover up the screw holes on the bottom of the unit itself. Whoever made this put some serious time and effort into making it look authentic, I know there have been 1 or 2 similar systems posted on here before but this is by far the most impressive one of its kind to date. This one even has its very own serial number! UN17204041. (And yes it does have the expansion port underneath too, albeit not the original one) The console has a few chips on the edges, suggesting that this was strangely produced with some kind of organic or "living" plastic material as over time the plastic is starting to biodegrade and break down. Possibly caused by the number of times that this thing has been opened in the past.

Now looking at the inside, you can see straight away that this clearly is a clone. Whats interesting about this one is that the heat sink inside looks very unique, I have not seen a heat sink like that before. The motherboard itself is marked as "S4" which is also strange to me. Here we can also see various chips that are made by Sony, Motorola and Toshiba. The built quality inside is again very well done.

I have just posted some photos of this thing right here on the site and I will also get them onto this thread. Any other information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Archive

posted by Armorant on Jan 3, 2017:

It's just another 7805 heatseank, there are many of them.
You can't even imagine how much creepy clones were here. If I remember correct even AVGN has one "rare" game. Image

Attached Files:

c9-2-big.jpg

File size: 128.3 KB

Views: 209

tumblr_lnsk748ElG1qzp9weo1_1280.jpg

File size: 57.1 KB

Views: 302

Archive

posted by Ronnie on Jan 3, 2017:

Hello, is there any way to get a good pic of the solder side of the board?

Archive

Ronnie said:

I can get a

Armorant said:

It's just another 7805 heatseank, there are many of them.
You can't even imagine how much creepy clones were here. If I remember correct even AVGN has one "rare" game. Image

I think you have just found the closest looking heat sink to what I have, based on the one you showed me and the other results on Google images. Most appear to be black whereas mine is the typical silver color and most importantly the ducts on mine appear in a triangular shaped formation whereas your example and pretty much most others appear to have straight-pointing ducts. Close but no cigar Image

Archive

Ronnie said:

I can get a photo of what you want to see, but curious to know what difference it would make? What more will you know from seeing the solder side of this board?

Archive

posted by Getta Robo on Jan 3, 2017:

Have you tested it with any games? Did you noticed any compatibility issues or glitches?

Archive

Getta Robo said:

Have you tested it with any games? Did you noticed any compatibility issues or glitches?

Thank you for asking a normal question, at the moment I am waiting to receive the cables etc to fully test it. I purchased it as spares/repairs so basically its untested. I am hoping there is something unique about this particular system Image

Archive

posted by Digmac on Jan 3, 2017:

Dosno said:

Thank you for asking a normal question, at the moment I am waiting to receive the cables etc to fully test it. I purchased it as spares/repairs so basically its untested. I am hoping there is something unique about this particular system Image

This is a generic clone. There is nothing special about it. We know what we are talking about here. This isn't a prototype or anything worthwhile. You got a generic ripoff system and it isn't special in any way other than its fake.

Archive

posted by Getta Robo on Jan 3, 2017:

Dosno said:

I see, please let us know when you receive those cables. I am well aware that many Russian / eastern Europe and south American clones had perfect compatibility and options such as region free gameplay, things weren't available on the genuine Nintendo system, it is possible that yours is one of them "good" clones too.

Archive

Digmac said:

This is a generic clone. There is nothing special about it. We know what we are talking about here. This isn't a prototype or anything worthwhile. You got a generic ripoff system and it isn't special in any way other than its fake.

How or where in this post did I brand as a "prototype"? Some people on here do not know what they are talking about, I just had another user try his hardest to show me photos,YouTube videos and other posts in a desperate bid to lowball and downgrade this item. Luckily I did my homework and everything/anything else I have seen thus far does not come close to this clone that I have. Unless you can show me an identical clone (and no, not a SNES JR clone or other similar clone) it is by no means generic. The only person you are trying to fool here is yourself.