1:1 NTSC SNES Console Clone / Replica!

Archive

Post by Archive » June 26th, 2019, 7:55 pm

posted by Dosno on Jan 4, 2017:

Kuririn84 said:

Asking for information is asking for help...

Previous members were trying to provide you with information on whether or not it would have RGB out, the easiest way to do that is by following traces on the bottom of the board. To provide comprehensive and factual information, a request for complete board shots is
nothing unusual. You found a clone snes, the most it can do more than a real one is provide some different region settings.

Again, it's your system and showing more pictures is up to you. But being rude to people taking their time to try to provide you with more information and acting like you found something out of this world is ridiculous.

I think more people have been rude to me if anything, the older comments clearly show this. If people do not have anything positive or constructive to say then they might as well keep their thoughts to themselves. I only want positive energy around me and in my life, thank you

Archive

posted by Nice. on Jan 4, 2017:

Dosno said:

You only need to spend a day on here to see that the majority on this site are kids, who think they know what they are talking about but actually know nothing. I am 24 now, I once acted the same way too.

I see that there are people who know more than me about a lot of subjects and that I can find a lot of information here. To simply think my opinion is superior to others (wether they are younger or not), that is immature.

Anyway, good luck with getting information about this console.

Archive

Nice. said:

I see that there are people who know more than me about a lot of subjects and that I can find a lot of information here. To simply think my opinion is superior to others (wether they are younger or not), that is immature.

I was being stereotypical, its what most adults state about kids these days.

Archive

posted by Nice. on Jan 4, 2017:

Dosno said:

I was being stereotypical, its what most adults state about kids these days.

It's what most adults have been saying about kids for ever, doesn't make it a true statement.

Archive

Nice. said:

It's what most adults have been saying about kids for ever, doesn't make it a true statement.

Lets nip this in the bud, its not some kind of debate and I dont want to go off topic and change the subject. If you dont have anything else to say about my 1:1 clone then please find another thread to preach on.

Archive

posted by sanni on Jan 4, 2017:

Looks similar to this: https://snescentral.com/article.php?id=1054

Archive

UPDATE #1:

I have been contacted via personal PM, by someone who claims to know what metal the heatsink is made from; Quiltinium.

To also quote what I was told: "The Quiltineum is now dead, no longer even possessing artificial life."

Possibly explaining why this system was sold to me as spares/repairs?

As good (or bad) as this might be, it still does not explain why the motherboard is branded "S4" and why this system has its own unique serial number.

I have submitted the serial number on this site https://superfamicom.org/console-serial-database and I am waiting for a response as we speak.

Will keep you guys posted!

Archive

sanni said:

Looks similar to this: https://snescentral.com/article.php?id=1054

Yeah I have seen that, and the others on here too. Thanks for sharing, though mine has no rust inside (among the other differences too)

Archive

posted by rama on Jan 4, 2017:

I've got to chime in an calm your expectations, @Dosno.
You have a clone SNES with reverse engineered Nintendo chips and the rest are off the shelf parts.
The board layout and solder job are pretty bad.
It is a very common item in markets where they once thrived but it can be hard to get one in the west.

In any case, please don't stir up half the community with your item and believe people when they tell you what this is.

Archive

rama said:

I've got to chime in an calm your expectations, @Dosno.
You have a clone SNES with reverse engineered Nintendo chips and the rest are off the shelf parts.
The board layout and solder job are pretty bad.
It is a very common item in markets where they once thrived but it can be hard to get one in the west.

In any case, please don't stir up half the community with your item and believe people when they tell you what this is.

What you are describing is a typical Famiclone. I just found out from someone else that the heatsink alone is made from "Quiltinium"

As already mentioned before, I have not seen any other SNES clone with its own unique serial number. That carries some weight

Yes, SNES JR clones have serial numbers too but all the ones I have seen so far have used the exact same serial numbers.