1.4 ghz Xbox arrived....showing christmas lights >.<

Archive

Post by Archive » June 26th, 2019, 7:55 pm

posted by APE on Mar 20, 2011:

I've always prefered a chip. If you really wanted to you could flash a bank with the debug BIOS and have a pseudo-debug XBox sitting there. Not sure if the debug BIOS required a locked hdd or not so take that for what its worth.

Archive

posted by gelberhase on Apr 25, 2011:

I do also prefer chips, that´s why I was pretty happy as I got me a Xbox with X3 and the X3Frontpanel for only 61€, I basically just threw the Mobo out, put the trusty Mobo in and there we go^^

I also thought about getting me the Debug Bios on it, but actually I wouldn´t really have any use for it besides maybe taking screenshots.....so I probably won´t load it one the X3

ok, anyone here hs one of trusty`s Boxes, too?
as I did just try to get GTA SA working and it simply doesn´t load, it always reboots when I try to start the game (no matter if I try to start it from the Disc or from the HDD).

Everything else works fine, both PAL and NTSC but GTA doesn´t do anything, I also tried patching the *xbe to 1.4 g and 128 mb RAM but still, nothing happens...any suggestions?

Or may someone here who could try to get GTA working on his trusty Box?

Archive

posted by Neo-Alec on Mar 22, 2011:

ASSEMbler said:

Generally xbox hardware is pretty robust, so that should do it.

Surprised to hear anyone say that. I just xmased two working XBoxes trying to install the modchip for my first time. I didn't think I did that badly and it wasn't that messy. But as far as I can tell, they're both fried for good.

Now I have 3 busted XBoxes I'm probably gonna have to sell as junk.

Archive

posted by APE on Mar 22, 2011:

Neo-Alec said:

Surprised to hear anyone say that. I just xmased two working XBoxes trying to install the modchip for my first time. I didn't think I did that badly and it wasn't that messy. But as far as I can tell, they're both fried for good.

Sounds like you really screwed up (no offense). Likely didn't flash the right BIOS onto the chip as the whole x-mas lights thing isn't because of a hardware failure. 9 times out of 10 it's a BIOS problem.

gelberhase said:

ok, anyone here hs one of trusty`s Boxes, too?
as I did just try to get GTA SA working and it simply doesn´t load, it always reboots when I try to start the game (no matter if I try to start it from the Disc or from the HDD).

Everything else works fine, both PAL and NTSC but GTA doesn´t do anything, I also tried patching the *xbe to 1.4 g and 128 mb RAM but still, nothing happens...any suggestions?

Or may someone here who could try to get GTA working on his trusty Box?

I'm inclined to believe GTA SA is likely not going to boot on anything but a 733mhz CPU. The XBox made by Friendtech had a switch that made the CPU ignore 1 of every 2 cycles somehow to effectively limit the thing down to 740mhz or so. It was still faster than stock but it seemed to improve things overall.

Archive

posted by jinn on Mar 22, 2011:

Neo-Alec said:

I bet they are V1.6 xbox mobos, Always do a wire LPC rebuild and never use the LPC rebuild boards.

Archive

posted by Neo-Alec on Mar 22, 2011:

One is 1.0 the other is 1.6. I used the LPC that came with the chip for the 1.6. I didn't flash anything -- I never got to that step. My soldering isn't terrible -- I just made a Neo Geo cart and it works.

Archive

posted by gelberhase on Mar 22, 2011:

APE said:

I'm inclined to believe GTA SA is likely not going to boot on anything but a 733mhz CPU. The XBox made by Friendtech had a switch that made the CPU ignore 1 of every 2 cycles somehow to effectively limit the thing down to 740mhz or so. It was still faster than stock but it seemed to improve things overall.

If that´s the case (would be possible, although I´ve never heard of any game not running at all.....just running too fast), thats annoying...
But isn´t that to be patched by the 1.4 g *xbe patcher?
or is there any other way to patch it/get it running?

I just wanted to try if my GTA SA Xbox Mod runs on this one without crashing/lag.:-(

EDIT: it does NOT have to do anything with the 1.4g mod, it´s just because GTA has some kind o f region locking, so the PAL can not work on a console that is NTSC (no matter if it has a Modchip or not)
So, I could simply use Enigmah, but I guess I will just get me a NTSC copy, as I don´t want to do too much to that console Image

Archive

posted by Dano2k0 on Apr 24, 2011:

Probably abit late to add, but its not uncommon for those caps to leak or blow up, seen a few do it over the years...

Most important thing to note is to clean the board ASAP if this happens, its very corrosive and will eat into the board rendering it pretty useless if you don't sort it pretty quickly..

Pleased to hear you got this one going again though. :thumbsup:

Archive

posted by ASSEMbler on Apr 24, 2011:

So how much did it cost to get the 1.4ghz xbox?

Archive

posted by APE on Apr 25, 2011:

ASSEMbler said:

So how much did it cost to get the 1.4ghz xbox?

trusty on the XBox-Scene forums I believe was modding XBox mobos for something like $250? I'm not completely sure on that number though.