1 Red Light Of Death (Error Code E74)

Archive

Post by Archive » June 26th, 2019, 7:55 pm

posted by CrAzY on Aug 11, 2008:

mooseblaster said:

Have you tried just asking him, or is that too difficult? The biggest problem you'll encounter if you're not in contact with your mate anymore is no proof-of-purchase, so unless the manufacturing date is in the last year (written on the back side), you may be out of luck.

A question is though: why exactly did you swap your old one for his new one in the first place?

It was too difficult. He apparently moved and no phone number seemed to work. Gotta try to find out his new info, anyway, I already decided to stop being so lazy so I went on Xbox.com and started filling out stuff for the repair just to see if it was still under warranty. I entered the Serial # and Tadah! Under warranty still! Hellz Yeah, so I should have a box coming on my way. Suprised a year hasnt passed yet...

And I swapped it because my friend was giving his to another friend (but we both knew he wouldnt really use it, just for movies) and his had the HDMI port aswell as just being newer. I made the suggestion, and they both didnt mind. Also, my old ones disc tray would auto close for no reason? But he didnt care, so I didnt feel bad. Pretty nice trade if you ask me! :icon_bigg

KIWIDOGGIE said:

Try hooking it into a diffrent TV with it on TV not HD mode; It should start. If not unplug for 3-6 minutes then unplug the AV cable. Start back up in the new TV with AV cable in it. I have had this error off and on since I got the 360

I also already tried this and countless variations of it. But it doesnt seem to change my problem. Thanks for the advice anyway! :nod:

CANT WAIT! EVERYTHING SHOULD BE FIXED!!!

Archive

posted by skavenger216 on Aug 11, 2008:

CrAzY said:

I already decided to stop being so lazy so I went on Xbox.com and started filling out stuff for the repair just to see if it was still under warranty. I entered the Serial # and Tadah! Under warranty still! Hellz Yeah, so I should have a box coming on my way. Suprised a year hasnt passed yet...

Good to hear!!! Hopefully the dont take too long with the repairs ( on both occasions where i had to send my 360 in i got it back within a week or 2 at most), hope they are as speedy with it for you as the have been for me.

Archive

posted by CrAzY on Aug 29, 2008:

Just wanted to say, I am very happy as I finally recieved my good ol' Xbob back! :nod: It appears that they just sent me a brand new unit, so I am very happy with that! :icon_bigg Along with a 1 month XBOX LIVE card. How sweet! :dance:

But I have some quick questions.

- Does anyone know if these new Replacement Units contain all of the new chips and whatnot that I have heard so much about?

- Oh, and is my Warrant reinstated for another full year since its a new XBOX? (probably not)

- Would anyone recommend Castle Crashers Or Braid as I am really tempted to shell out the cash for both.

Thanks! Two Weeks Sure seemed like forever! :lol:

Archive

posted by KIWIDOGGIE on Aug 29, 2008:

Glad you got it back Image

Archive

posted by jccochez on Aug 29, 2008:

Does anyone know if these new Replacement Units contain all of the new chips and whatnot that I have heard so much about?

=>if this is a brand new one, it is then 99% a falcon.

Oh, and is my Warrant reinstated for another full year since its a new XBOX? (probably not)

=> don't know, i suppose you have 3 months of warranty for this one, plus what's left from the old one.

Would anyone recommend Castle Crashers Or Braid as I am really tempted to shell out the cash for both.

=>castle crasher? a friend of mine loves this one. Can't tell 'bout the other.

Archive

posted by skavenger216 on Aug 30, 2008:

is it true that all HDMI equipped x360's are falcons?

EDIT: Glad to hear you got your system back CrAzY!!

Archive

posted by Terrin on Aug 30, 2008:

CrAzY said:

- Would anyone recommend Castle Crashers Or Braid as I am really tempted to shell out the cash for both.

I played the demo for Castle Crashers today, seems fun enough. A bit different than Alien Hominid, but I bet it'd be a blast in online/local multiplayer.

Haven't played Braid though.

Archive

posted by CrAzY on Aug 30, 2008:

KIWIDOGGIE said:

Glad you got it back Image

Thankyou Kiwi!!! :nod:

skavenger216 said:

is it true that all HDMI equipped x360's are falcons?

EDIT: Glad to hear you got your system back CrAzY!!

Hahaha, thankyou once again Skavenger. And I am pretty sure that that is not true, as the 360 I sent in to get replaced was HDMI Equipped and it didnt have it.

jccochez said:

=>if this is a brand new one, it is then 99% a falcon.

Well thats wonderful to hear! It sounds alot smoother and less loud, dont know if its just cause its new or improved. Either way, I am happy.

And I think i'll be purchasing Castle Crashers and then trying Braids trial.

THANKS EVERYONE!!! :dance: