10 Cloverfield Lane

Archive

10 Cloverfield Lane

Post by Archive » June 26th, 2019, 7:55 pm

posted by MBMM on Mar 15, 2016:

Ouja said:

Haha, they were in my mind when I wrote the post.Image I'll have to say the second one is my favorite as well, you can't top gopro zombie.Image Haven't seen viral yet, but that seems like a zero budget cash grab.

Before Safe Haven goes batshit insane, it's one of creepiest and most engaging segments from either movie. The first time I watched that my mouth was open almost the whole time haha. Yeah, I heard it was nothing compared to the first two. One would have been better if they only edited some of them down, or made every segment like the first and last one Image The second one got it perfect. I was hoping Viral was going to be decent, but we'll see. There aren't a lot of movies like VHS so it's a shame when the franchise gets stale third movie in.

Archive

10 Cloverfield Lane

posted by Ouja on Mar 16, 2016:

MBMM said:

Before Safe Haven goes batshit insane, it's one of creepiest and most engaging segments from either movie. The first time I watched that my mouth was open almost the whole time haha. Yeah, I heard it was nothing compared to the first two. One would have been better if they only edited some of them down, or made every segment like the first and last one Image The second one got it perfect. I was hoping Viral was going to be decent, but we'll see. There aren't a lot of movies like VHS so it's a shame when the franchise gets stale third movie in.

Oh yeah, Safe Haven was awesome! I think that it could easily be made into a full length movie. Weird cults with paranormal stuff mixed in are always intriguing. I think Viral wasn't even made by the same guys as the first two, so I'm guessing the studio will just keep milking the franchise ad nauseam.

Archive

10 Cloverfield Lane

posted by MBMM on Mar 20, 2016:

So I will be seeing 10 Cloverfield Lane in about an hour. I'll hop on here and edit this post with my thoughts on the movie.

Archive

10 Cloverfield Lane

posted by Kid Marine on Mar 20, 2016:

I enjoyed it. It's pretty remarkable how they manage to keep the tension up pretty much all through out the movie. John Goodman was exceptional.

The ending... well I don't want to spoil it but I certainly didn't see it coming.

Archive

10 Cloverfield Lane

posted by MBMM on Mar 21, 2016:

Great flick. Very well paced, filmed, and acted. Superb for a $15 million budget. While I expected the twist, that's only because I liked Cloverfield so much that I expected it. I highly recommend it. Anybody wanna discuss?

Archive

10 Cloverfield Lane

posted by graciano1337 on Mar 22, 2016:

MBMM said:

Great flick. Very well paced, filmed, and acted. Superb for a $15 million budget. While I expected the twist, that's only because I liked Cloverfield so much that I expected it. I highly recommend it. Anybody wanna discuss?

The movie kept the tension high pretty much through the entirety of the film.

The part that creeped me out the most was when Goodman, cleaned up and shaved. With the young guy out of the picture, I knew Goodman was going to try and make a move on the girl. It just gave me chills...

Archive

10 Cloverfield Lane

posted by MBMM on Mar 22, 2016:

graciano1337 said:

The movie kept the tension high pretty much through the entirety of the film.

The part that creeped me out the most was when Goodman, cleaned up and shaved. With the young guy out of the picture, I knew Goodman was going to try and make a move on the girl. It just gave me chills...

Do you think he had sexual thoughts, though? I'm not sure. It seemed like he was just a messed-up dude who wanted to be a father figure and live out this fantasy. The more I think about it though, the more it seems like he might have had sexual desires. When he says he just wants to be a family, is it a father-daughter situation or father-mother situation?

A good support is when they're playing that guessing game. He could not picture Michelle as a "woman." His brain just couldn't wrap itself around that.

Archive

10 Cloverfield Lane

posted by graciano1337 on Mar 23, 2016:

MBMM said:

Do you think he had sexual thoughts, though? I'm not sure. It seemed like he was just a messed-up dude who wanted to be a father figure and live out this fantasy. The more I think about it though, the more it seems like he might have had sexual desires. When he says he just wants to be a family, is it a father-daughter situation or father-mother situation?

A good support is when they're playing that guessing game. He could not picture Michelle as a "woman." His brain just couldn't wrap itself around that.

I'll be honest, it was difficult to gauge how much of a "monster" Goodman's character was. Especially when he lied about the other girl being his daughter. The movie really kept you guessing and you couldn't really tell who was telling the truth.

Archive

10 Cloverfield Lane

posted by MBMM on Mar 23, 2016:

graciano1337 said:

I'll be honest, it was difficult to gauge how much of a "monster" Goodman's character was. Especially when he lied about the other girl being his daughter. The movie really kept you guessing and you couldn't really tell who was telling the truth.

It seems like people were disappointed by the reveal. How did you feel about it?

Archive

10 Cloverfield Lane

posted by graciano1337 on Mar 27, 2016:

MBMM said:

It seems like people were disappointed by the reveal. How did you feel about it?

Are you referring to the reveal of the aliens?