10 year old girl gave birth !

Archive

Post by Archive » June 26th, 2019, 7:55 pm

posted by GaijinPunch on Oct 4, 2007:

In the states, rape (some type of penetration) is far worse a crime than sexual assault (unwanted sexually oriented contact...even touching above clothes). People will often try to plea bargain something like attempted rape down to aggravated sexual assault for a lighter sentence.

and not devoting your life to work either.

The original comment had a connotation to it that basically grouped together anyone who in their life had spent their early years in the corporate world and later were racing against the clock for children. That's mainly what I was attacking. I know there is obviously an equilibrium one needs to achieve... I still thought it was a very short-sighted comment.

It has nothing to do with the majority of people who perhaps leave it 5 to 10 years or so, I am talking about those who REALLY have left it so long that it just seems to me they were selfishly wanting their own lives and then bring a child into the world for them to be left without parents at an early age. That in my opinion is short-sighted.

I guess "seems" would be the key word I'm trying to point out. I would highly recommend not expressing your point of view at a dinner party. Someone might kick you in the balls.

I'd have more sympathy if in their quest to become parents they'd consider adoption & foster parenting before costing the earth to right their egg / sperm count.

Adoption is definitely not for everyone. Suggesting to someone that's having trouble conceiving is also pretty dangerous.

I don't keep up with your part of the world (or mine for the most part, or the one I used to live in) but I do know when it comes to people abusing the system, the close to 40 married w/ no children demographic is probably the lowest one. The in the 20's w/ too many children, the highest.

Why they haven't amended these laws to provide immunity to a certain age range is beyond me.

Oral sex is still illegal in quite a few states. Sodomy laws were just repealed in Texas. The case involved cops busting down the wrong door, and finding two gay males (that lived together) engaging in anal sex. They were arrested, if you can believe that. People want to say cops don't abuse their power ? Ha. To whomever says that I laugh, flip off, and might even flat ham.

Archive

posted by opethfan on Oct 4, 2007:

GaijinPunch said:

The original comment had a connotation to it that basically grouped together anyone who in their life had spent their early years in the corporate world and later were racing against the clock for children. That's mainly what I was attacking. I know there is obviously an equilibrium one needs to achieve... I still thought it was a very short-sighted comment.

In hindsight, I probably was sounding like a better-than-everyone cock. I was more trying to explain Parris' comment than give my own opinion (which I did later)

Archive

posted by neull on Oct 4, 2007:

Wow, I can't believe that she was that young and had a baby.

Archive

posted by Barc0de on Oct 4, 2007:

Oral sex is still illegal in quite a few states. Sodomy laws were just repealed in Texas. The case involved cops busting down the wrong door, and finding two gay males (that lived together) engaging in anal sex. They were arrested, if you can believe that. People want to say cops don't abuse their power ? Ha. To whomever says that I laugh, flip off, and might even flat ham.

now that's messed-up

The incidental discovery of what two people do between themselves in their own privacy, then get arrested is messed-up.

BUT

consider that if it was a criminal offence, like being busted by mistake while having 2K of cocaine sitting on your table then they were just doing their job.

Hence it was the legislator's lack of understanding for the gays , not the police abusing its powers. The police are instruments of the Law, rarely given any discretion in its application(in theory at least)

Archive

Hence it was the legislator's lack of understanding for the gays , not the police abusing its powers. The police are instruments of the Law, rarely given any discretion in its application(in theory at least)

Police abusing power. Cops in the US have a ton of discretionary power. You can get caught with weed and quite often they just make you throw it out. I was arrested once for "disregard of a police offer's lawful order" (I couldn't hear him). It's a class C misdemeanor, which basically means it's a traffic ticket. When I asked "can you really arrest me for that"?. "Officer's discretion" I was told.

Anyway, you can go to any video store and rent guys ass banging each other until their blue in the face (and ass). I'm pretty sure that if it's illegal to do in a state, it's illegal to have on film in said state (regardless of where it was filmed). For all the pigs knew, they could've been simulating. I doubt any of them got close enough to tell. Just a couple of homophobic, red neck cops (which are most of them in Texas, unfortunately). Anyway, the gay couple appealed and won.

Read all about it at CNN. Looks like it was 4 years ago when it finally finished. The hysterically funny thing is, is this cops probably thought, "let's show these fags a lesson" and in turn, they basically opened the flood gates for sexual rights amongst gays in the whole nation. Someone find a good "pwned" picture. I'm way too cool to do that.

Archive

posted by Parris on Oct 4, 2007:

GaijinPunch said:

In the states, rape (some type of penetration) is far worse a crime than sexual assault (unwanted sexually oriented contact...even touching above clothes). People will often try to plea bargain something like attempted rape down to aggravated sexual assault for a lighter sentence.

I guess "seems" would be the key word I'm trying to point out. I would highly recommend not expressing your point of view at a dinner party. Someone might kick you in the balls.

Adoption is definitely not for everyone. Suggesting to someone that's having trouble conceiving is also pretty dangerous.

I don't keep up with your part of the world (or mine for the most part, or the one I used to live in) but I do know when it comes to people abusing the system, the close to 40 married w/ no children demographic is probably the lowest one. The in the 20's w/ too many children, the highest.

Sorry, GP by impression is that you just dislike people not holding the same opinion as yourself inspite of people forming those opinions through their experience of parenthood etc, etc.

As stated before, I really have no qualms with you or your "opinion", irrespective of it being different from mine. It doesn't make it right, it doesn't make it wrong, however you seem to suggest that your own opinion is the more valid or accepted in polite society.

Ho hum, I guess we shouldn't sit down, have a drink together and discuss politics. :lol:

Archive

I don't dislike people for their opinions (except ones on the really far right I guess) but it doesn't mean I can't dislike the opinion... or more to the point, the way it's expressed.

Archive

posted by GodofHardcore on Oct 4, 2007:

WolverineDK said:

Well, I have met quite a few Aspergers where the parents were young. That is why, I wouldn´t call AS for a birthdefect. And second of all, the word disorder , or syndrome in this case makes me angry as hell. Go figure.

As somebody who's been wrongfully diagnosed wtih Aspergers (all my signs of it point closer to Anxiety and depressive disorders than AS) Becuase of my two Autistic Siblings (had they been normal I most cirtanly would've gotten a more accurate diagnoses of Anxiety or Depression.) I can say ALOT of people with AS are pompus know it all jackasses. Alot of them are very Millitant on letting others know they have it and are not open to the possibility of others diagnosed with it having something else. There's also the inability to recognize emotion and difficulty identifying with people. Neither of which suit me in the least. I thrive on the emotions of others and always go out of my way to connect with people on a personal level. So I'm completly lost as to where they got it from other than my brother and sister and a few minor qwirks I have like pacing in deep thoughts and my tendancy to repeat my self often. Neither of which scream AUTISM to me.

Archive

posted by andoba on Oct 4, 2007:

That kind of laws are just stupid. If they're both are mentally mature to do have sex, I don't see the problem.

Archive

posted by Parris on Oct 4, 2007:

GaijinPunch said:

I don't dislike people for their opinions (except ones on the really far right I guess) but it doesn't mean I can't dislike the opinion... or more to the point, the way it's expressed.

In which case, fine. There are a plethora of comments posted on a daily basis on here that irk my sensibilities, but I tend to give those comments either a wide berth or the person who posted it the benefit of the doubt.

We all hold varied opinions borne of different cultural, social & life experiences.

Most of the threads on here are incredibly throw away, rapid comments, remarks and opinions as quickly erased from memory as written. We sit in different parts of the world, not having met once and try to establish a rapport. Sometimes that doesn't work!

In this instance I just felt that a slight of hand comment, about my own opinion was taken out of context. No hard feelings in the slightest I trust?

I still hold that opinion, but if you ever invite me to a polite dinner party, I promise not to express it in front of your guests lest it offends.

I'm not the most politically correct individual.