10 years of GAMECUBE

Archive

10 years of GAMECUBE

Post by Archive » June 26th, 2019, 7:55 pm

posted by prostkxy on Nov 19, 2011:

to be quite honest i bought my first gamecube a few months ago. it is brand new in the box platinum one. since then i have bought a brand new indigo one and im hoping to get a black one new aswell before i start buying loose ones with games to build a collection.

between 2 kids and restoring cars aswell as working 6 days a week full time i dont get to play my video games. so i buy and collect them so my kids can appreciate what we have grown up with.

Archive

10 years of GAMECUBE

posted by neomatrix on Nov 19, 2011:

I got Gamecube on launch day and the component cable and Luigi's Mansion

but I am mad the Luigi's Mansion 2 is for the 3ds I hope the make Luigi's Mansion 1,2 for the WiiU HD

Archive

10 years of GAMECUBE

posted by Oldgamingfart on Nov 19, 2011:

I got mine when Super Mario Sunshine came out. I think that would've been a few months after the initial launch. A great little console with a really decent back catalogue; still haven't got round to exploring it fully.

I'm sure all those so-called "hardcore gamers" (or full-time snobby f*ckwits, as I prefer to call them), missed a trick back then. I'm not entirely sure what the logic or reasoning is behind not wanting to play Nintendo games. And these people like to call themselves video game enthusiasts Image

Surely a real "hardcore gamer" would want to play all the first-party exclusives across all the available formats. Anyway, rant over. I'm glad we have some of the real hardcore gamers here.

Archive

10 years of GAMECUBE

posted by Eviltaco64 on Nov 19, 2011:

paul.strickler1 said:

What are your thoughts? Feelings? Obligatory ill-informed semi-incoherent posts by the brainwashed halfwits that worship Sony and M$? (I jest, I just miss the old days of the console wars. You know, before M$ and Sony stole motion controls and all the consoles became the same.)

I read the post, then I read this... Damn. Why so much hatred for people who choose to buy video game systems from other manufacturers? Different tastes for different people with the same money.

I've had all the 6th gen systems at one point or another. Dreamcast, PS2, and Gamecube have great game libraries. Xbox has a few gems of it's own, but I mainly used mine for emulation, game hacking, Linux, homebrew, etc.

I think they discontinued Gamecube (and Xbox) a little too early, too. No one wants to do anything daring on a dying platform, though, so it always has to end with a trickle of crappy CG movie games and Madden. Image

Archive

10 years of GAMECUBE

posted by randyrandall on Nov 19, 2011:

The Gamecube is a fantastic console. I have loads of Gamecube games, all of them fun. Awesome controller and hardware.

Archive

10 years of GAMECUBE

posted by Tchoin on Nov 19, 2011:

I love the Gamecube, I got it one day before it's release, with Waverace Bluestorm and was stunned :0 , it was my first and only console I bought on a release day, and even better, got it one day before Image

It's one of my favorite consoles overall, and one of which I played the most.

Loved Smash Melee, Zelda Wind Waker, Waverace Bluestorm, PSO, Mario Kart DD, F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime, and many, many more.

I am a huge fan of the Wavebird as well, I consider it to be the perfect wireless controller.

The Gamecube was for me the last console I actively played as well, at that time I had to struggle to get the games, always trading mine for others, and so on. A couple of years after that I started making my own money and my collection began growing, and well after that I just don't play as much as I did, nor play much time the same game.

Archive

10 years of GAMECUBE

posted by oldmanhouse on Nov 19, 2011:

Have been playing Wind Waker and Timesplitters on the GC recently. Awesome console..!

Archive

10 years of GAMECUBE

posted by Twimfy on Nov 19, 2011:

Queued up to buy one on launch day and grabbed one with a copy of Star Wars Rogue Squadron II.

Absolutely loved the machine.

Wind Waker was the only Zelda game I've enjoyed since Link's Awakening.

Smash Bro's Melee was a blast and Super Mario Sunshine was so much fun.

Great machine, great memories. Happy birthday.

Archive

10 years of GAMECUBE

posted by takeshi385 on Nov 19, 2011:

Super Smash bro's WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.I mean everyone expects someone to say that.

Archive

10 years of GAMECUBE

posted by 3do on Nov 19, 2011:

Didn't get a Gamecube till 2005. I had the chance to get one early on in it's life but instead chose Xbox although i do wish now that i had gone for a gamecube instead. I remember my best friend getting one during the first Christmas the machine was out and i was actually really impressed with the system but back then i was a playstation guy so had to get a ps2 or maybe it was when i had my ps2 thefore didn't take that much notice of it.

My first 2 games i picked up along with my gamecube were Rouge Squadron II and Resident Evil both of which i loved even though i had already played the former many times on the PS1.