100 Things Your Kids May Never Know About

Archive

Post by Archive » June 26th, 2019, 7:56 pm

posted by Cyantist on Oct 2, 2010:

Alchy said:

Show me a wireless system that doesn't have a transmitter and a receiver.

I was just saying these headsets specifically BZZZZZZZZ when you are in the direct view of its LED's. Look at the xbox 360 controller. Its wireless but you can go out of view but it works.

Archive

posted by WanganRunner on Oct 4, 2010:

MY kids will definitely know about Minidisc because I have a big collection of recorders, discs, and accessories from the late 90's/early 00's. I'm a fiend.

Archive

posted by GodofHardcore on Oct 4, 2010:

Vinyl isn't going anywhere it's mounting it's comeback even

Archive

posted by Cyantist on Oct 4, 2010:

GodofHardcore said:

Yeah Vintage shit seems to be popular nowadays. Not as funny when every other post on tumblr is some generic image of a girl with a vintage retro polaroid camera or something.

Archive

posted by alecjahn on Oct 4, 2010:

WanganRunner said:

MY kids will definitely know about Minidisc because I have a big collection of recorders, discs, and accessories from the late 90's/early 00's. I'm a fiend.

I really want to get a high-end portable (or semi-portable) MD recorder so I can justify all the other MD stuff I have sitting around.

Cyantist said:

Yeah Vintage shit seems to be popular nowadays. Not as funny when every other post on tumblr is some generic image of a girl with a vintage retro polaroid camera or something.

I don't think the comeback of vinyl is about vintage hip-ness (well, it's a factor, I admit) - I'd say it's more of an artistic thing. At least in the view of the people producing vinyl, who will continue to do so regardless of if it sells or not... most musicians don't release vinyl editions to make money, in fact most releases are very very limited in comparison to CD.

Archive

posted by GaijinPunch on Oct 6, 2010:

Alchy said:

Seriously?

I don't think I've ever met anyone who only bought vinyl. For normal playback it's a gigantic pain in the ass, and since almost all modern music is mastered from digital the "analogue warmth" of vinyl is little more than muddiness from the analogue phase (I recognise I'm venturing into the DJ dork-bickering you warned about, though, so I'll stop there).

Indeed, you're right. But, for at least one person I know he doesn't own CDJs. Image

It is the arcade of the music world. Nobody will care except for a few hundred people on a few internet forums.