posted by tzeman on Dec 7, 2007:

Donald Trump.

:dance:

He generous ya.. for a 83bucks meal!

Archive

10000 bucks tip to a waiter from..

Post by Archive » June 26th, 2019, 7:56 pm

posted by Mr. Casual on Dec 7, 2007:

That must have been some EXCELLENT service!

Archive

posted by XxHennersXx on Dec 7, 2007:

I almost gave the pizza guy a 20 dollar tip. I wrote "20.82" in the tip on the reciept instead of the "total" (it was 18.82 for pizza) and then i noticed. He was watching me, i said "oops" he said "yeah" i bet he was pissed xD

Archive

“Donald Trump came in for dinner on Monday at the Buffalo Club. The reservation was under his friend’s name so nobody was expecting him to come in. I assume he’s in LA preparing for the celebrity Apprentice thing he’s doing.

We have a special area for VIP’s so the celebs can see and be seen with each other. Donald ordered an ice tea and his friend showed up 10 minutes later. When I was telling them about the specials, I felt like an airline steward must feel giving instructions before takeoff. They just talked over me. Neither touched the soup.Donald ordered the pasta and the other guy had the same.

When they were finished, they both ordered cappuccinos. We’re sort of famous for our capps! My co-worker wanted me to ask him for his autograph so he could give it to his dad for Christmas. Yeah right.

I finally brought them out the check. Trump grabbed it and actually spoke to me from the first time.“What’s the biggest tip you ever got?”“Jerry Bruckheimer comes in a lot. He tipped me $500 on a $1000 check once.”Trump nodded his head.“You’re very good at your job.”“Thanks.”Trump and the other guy got up to leave, said thanks again and left.I went back to the table to grab the check but didn’t have time to look at it until later. When I did, I couldn’t believe what I saw. Honestly, at first I thought he had tipped me $1000. But when I looked a second (and twentieth) time, it was actually $10,000. I was speechless.

Honestly, it was a really rough month for me. Who thought Donald Trump of all people would make my year? But he did. I actually tried calling his office to say thanks which is impossible. So if you’re reading this, Mr. Trump, thank you!”

Archive

The Waiter Rule
by Donald J. Trump

Chairman, Trump University

Occasionally in the business world, I've heard people refer to something called "The Waiter Rule." Simply put, how you treat a waiter or a waitress reveals a lot about your character. It may sound insignificant, but over the years I've certainly found it to be true.

You would be amazed at how poorly some people treat waiters and waitresses. They yell at them if they forget an order or spill a drink. They threaten to have them fired, or even demand to speak to a supervisor. Their actions speak volumes and reveal more about their character than anything they could say or do in the most impressive business meetings or boardrooms.

On the flip side are those who take everything in stride. They treat service people -- waiters, bellmen, security guards, secretaries -- with the same respect they would give the CEO of a huge corporation. Those are the kind of people I respond to because that's the kind of person I am.

How you treat a waiter demonstrates how you would most likely treat your actual employees. It shows the true makeup of your personality and your true disposition. You might be a demanding boss, but it doesn't mean you have to be a demeaning and nasty one.

So think twice the next time you sit down at a table and get ready to order. And don't forget to leave a big tip.

Archive

posted by A. Snow on Dec 7, 2007:

Unlike most people I don't tip a percentage of the bill but on how I felt the actual service itself was. There have been times I've tipped nothing and once or twice I've tipped more than the bill. I really have four big things I watch out for.

1. Overall courtesy.
2. See how I'm doing once after taking my order.
3. See how I'm doing after serving the meal.
4. The last and biggest one is not to let my glass go empty before asking if I want a refill. That really irks me.

Do those and they are pretty much guaranteed a better than average tip from me.

Archive

In my country there no compulsory tipping or it is not a norm to tip. Maybe some coins like a few cents people will give. Reason being.. We are being taxed 10% service charge already. (Not including 5% government tax,the actual bill and such).

Probably if someone is feeling rich or happy.. They too will give a lot.

Archive

posted by RichieCStar on Dec 7, 2007:

Me too, in my country, there is a norm for restaurants to charge a 10% mandatory service charge so we don't tip much. If service is good, we add another 5 to 10%.

I feel like the reason Donald Trump tipped so much is just to get attention and maybe that's the reason why he asked what's the biggest tip the waiter ever got.

Archive

posted by virtual alan on Dec 7, 2007:

Well done that man!!!

Archive

posted by madhatter256 on Dec 7, 2007:

That waiter is gonna have to pay more taxes next year. If only Trump paid him in cash, then the waiter can claim less than that Image.

I always leave a tip depending on the service I get.