You guys keep scaring me with this 2012 world ending... :smt022

Archive

10th planet discovered, maybe

Post by Archive » June 26th, 2019, 7:56 pm

posted by Tachikoma on Jul 30, 2005:

cahaz said:

yeah, but you know, the civilisation.

thx for the info. Image

About 1500AD then, courtesy of the Spanish on a bit of gold plundering.

Archive

posted by cahaz on Jul 30, 2005:

Mark30001 said:

You guys keep scaring me with this 2012 world ending... :smt022

''Nooooooo!!!... I'm too young...to drink beer!!:smt022''

j/k;-)

Archive

posted by PhreQuencYViii on Jul 30, 2005:

Tachikoma said:

No they didn't, they just stopped writing their calendar up to that point, slightly different, wouldn't you say? considering the effort they had to take to calculate their calendar, I am amazed they bothered going that far.

As for that website, the first thing I read on it was:

Nancy Lieder telepathically receives messages from aliens named the Zetas to write the articles on ZetaTalk.

I clicked off that site from that point, it's credence going straight out the window.

Lol, well, I just clicked the first thing off google..maybe I should have read the begining instead of jumping down a few five paragraphs...but if you delve into the world of search engines theres plenty of information regarding the pole shift thing. I dunno much about Mayans or anything, I just started reading the stuff and found it interesting...

Archive

posted by Hawanja on Jul 30, 2005:

Funny you should mention that PheQuency, I actually read a whole lot about that.

The whole "12th planet" thing comes from a guy named Zacharias Stitchen, was like this German scholar in the 60s that started translating ancient Sumerian religious texts. According to him the Sumerians wrote about a 12th planet where the "Gods" were from.

The Saumerians wrote all their stuff down on these little copper or stone rolls, so that you could roll them onto a piece of clay or something and make multiple copies. Like a Playdough printing press, pretty ingenious for 3000 B.C.

Anyway it's called the 12th planet becasue in addition to our nine planets the Sumerians also counted the Sun and the Moon as planets. Aslo they knew about Pluto, Neptune, and Uranos (which were'nt discovered until the Renissance. Up until then Saturn was the last Planet in the solar system, and Pluto wasn't discovered until the 1920s)

So anyway, this guy Stichen claims that the 12th planet (which the Sumerians called Tiamat) rotates around the Sun every 3600 years, and depending on where the Earth is can cause major disasters like pole shifting, earthquakes, etc. He also says the Sumerian texts talk about "Gods," called the Annanaki, that come from this planet and that basically created human beings, or rather "civilized" primitive humans that were already here. There's a whole series of books about it, usually you can find them in the New Age section.

Interesting stuff, don't really beleive in the ancient astronaught thing myself (or rather I beleive that aliens have visited us in the past but doubt that they "created" mankind.) It is wierd that the Sumerians were aware of Neptune, Pluto, and Uranos when all they had was the naked eye. Of course other ancient civilizations were aware of these planets too (like the Maya, the Egyptians, etc.) Plus all the anicients knew things about the earth and astronomy that were forgotten, like the Earth is round, the planets go around the sun, etc. But this doesn't necessarily mean that aliens told them all this.

I'm actually writing an anime/magna series based on this (which is why I went to comicon this year, to talk to different publishers.) But instead of aliens I'm just making them "advanced" humans that have psychic DBZ type powers, plus there's ninjas in it. Becasue ninjas are cool.

One last thing, Tiamat is supposed to orbit the sun again in 2012. Creepy. And the Maya didn't just stop counting at 2012, that's when time for them actually "ran out," the end of this current cycle of creation. That myth is also found in Hinduism, where there's a 3600 year cycle of creation. But in Hinduism the earth is actually on the back of a giant turtle suspended in a sea of God's milk churrned by Demons, so there you go....

Archive

Hawanja said:

Funny you should mention that PheQuency, I actually read a whole lot about that.

The whole "12th planet" thing comes from a guy named Zacharias Stitchen, was like this German scholar in the 60s that started translating ancient Sumerian religious texts. According to him the Sumerians wrote about a 12th planet where the "Gods" were from.

The Saumerians wrote all their stuff down on these little copper or stone rolls, so that you could roll them onto a piece of clay or something and make multiple copies. Like a Playdough printing press, pretty ingenious for 3000 B.C.

Anyway it's called the 12th planet becasue in addition to our nine planets the Sumerians also counted the Sun and the Moon as planets. Aslo they knew about Pluto, Neptune, and Uranos (which were'nt discovered until the Renissance. Up until then Saturn was the last Planet in the solar system, and Pluto wasn't discovered until the 1920s)

So anyway, this guy Stichen claims that the 12th planet (which the Sumerians called Tiamat) rotates around the Sun every 3600 years, and depending on where the Earth is can cause major disasters like pole shifting, earthquakes, etc. He also says the Sumerian texts talk about "Gods," called the Annanaki, that come from this planet and that basically created human beings, or rather "civilized" primitive humans that were already here. There's a whole series of books about it, usually you can find them in the New Age section.

Interesting stuff, don't really beleive in the ancient astronaught thing myself (or rather I beleive that aliens have visited us in the past but doubt that they "created" mankind.) It is wierd that the Sumerians were aware of Neptune, Pluto, and Uranos when all they had was the naked eye. Of course other ancient civilizations were aware of these planets too (like the Maya, the Egyptians, etc.) Plus all the anicients knew things about the earth and astronomy that were forgotten, like the Earth is round, the planets go around the sun, etc. But this doesn't necessarily mean that aliens told them all this.

I'm actually writing an anime/magna series based on this (which is why I went to comicon this year, to talk to different publishers.) But instead of aliens I'm just making them "advanced" humans that have psychic DBZ type powers, plus there's ninjas in it. Becasue ninjas are cool.

One last thing, Tiamat is supposed to orbit the sun again in 2012. Creepy. And the Maya didn't just stop counting at 2012, that's when time for them actually "ran out," the end of this current cycle of creation. That myth is also found in Hinduism, where there's a 3600 year cycle of creation. But in Hinduism the earth is actually on the back of a giant turtle suspended in a sea of God's milk churrned by Demons, so there you go....

(1)
:smt082

i wrote a something where aliens where in fact humans from the future, in a sci-fi and fantasy post apocaliptical story. if it can give you some ideas for you serie. good luck. ;-)

(2)

yeah, that's what i thought when i readed. :smt082

Archive

posted by WolverineDK on Jul 30, 2005:

is it really called Uranos ? and not Uranus ? So you can´t really make THE anus joke in english ?

Archive

i think it's uranus, just like in french (as well as many other languages).

Archive

posted by Greatsaintlouis on Jul 30, 2005:

Yeah, that 2012 website looks pretty crazy. If you want, you could go to an aviary, find a duck, and have all the quackery you'd ever need!

I wouldn't get too excited over the news of this new 'planet', though - NASA has found two other large planetary bodies in our solar system (Sedna and Quaoar) within recent years that have not been classified as planets. However, the fact that both of them are smaller and more distant than Pluto has been partially responsible for the debate; then again, as this new object is larger than Pluto, it might be looked upon more favorably in the quest for planethood. Of course, there are always the people that would argue (with reasonably good cause) that Pluto itself isn't a planet, as well...

Still a neat discovery, regardless of the symantics.

Archive

posted by Hawanja on Jul 30, 2005:

Yeah, it's Uranus. Doh!

Anyway, yeah there's no specific qualifications for an object to be a planet. So we'll see what they decide to call this thing.