1'100'000 Vs 340'000

Archive

1'100'000 Vs 340'000

Post by Archive » June 26th, 2019, 7:56 pm

posted by ryangassxx on Jan 8, 2005:

Who here actually owns a DS.. I do, I love mine...

Archive

1'100'000 Vs 340'000

posted by Nintendomad on Jan 8, 2005:

As I have said before, I love my DS too, I just think that the PSP is a great handheld console as well with it's own form of innovative games.

The DS and PSP both have great software already, and thee is no excuse for collectors not to own both.

Archive

1'100'000 Vs 340'000

posted by TheDeathcoaster on Jan 8, 2005:

Nintendomad said:

The DS and PSP both have great software already, and thee is no excuse for collectors not to own both.

Yes there is!

"I am poor and can afford neither" Image

Archive

1'100'000 Vs 340'000

posted by Xylene on Jan 8, 2005:

TheDeathcoaster said:

Nintendomad said:

Yes there is!

Amen to that, brother! (or maybe sister?)

Archive

1'100'000 Vs 340'000

posted by Alien Workshop on Jan 8, 2005:

TheDeathcoaster said:

Nintendomad said:

Yes there is!

Same here :smt042 I can't afford either one, so getting both of them is out of the question right now. Hey TheDeathcoaster, I like your new sig :smt023

Archive

1'100'000 Vs 340'000

posted by einbebop44 on Jan 8, 2005:

Nintendomad said:

How come if I had said half of what MR. Casual said to me, every one would have come down on me like a dose of bricks, but since he said it to me, it's ok.What he said was downright nasty and out of order.

Ok may have overreacted, but so would all of oyu, had it been aimed at you.If this is the sort of content you want aimed at people on the board when they are having a good discussion, fair enough.I was making some good points and really enjoying this thread up until that point, it's the first time I have checked assembler right away when I got home from work for months and I don't deserve that sort of crap for making a valid argument in Sony's defense.If we all agreed that Sony were shit and bad for gaming like Mr Casual obviously does, where and when would we ever have good discussions like they do on NTSC UK??

The mods need t seriously look at this, I haven't had an outburst for months and months, cause i was warned about it and I took my warning for the better of the board.But Mr. Casual makes a statement like that which personally attacked me and I wasn't meant to defend myself??

The fact is, whether you think so or not, you definately have come across in these posts and others about the PSP as being unfairly biased towards the PSP. The stuff about "Never though tpossible" in reference to GT4's graphics, the major tooting of Ridge Racer PSP's "amazing" graphics et al.

Mr. Casual has tendencies to call people fan-boys, but does that mean you should respond to him calling him a "twat, immature, stupid, a sorry ass, casual gamer, and Stinky Dinkins" ? I don't really think so. Just respond and actually give reasons as to why you're not instead of adding more fuel to the fire.

Archive

1'100'000 Vs 340'000

posted by Tachikoma on Jan 8, 2005:

I was going to write up the same thing as einbebop44, about the backing up rather than blowing up.

Archive

1'100'000 Vs 340'000

posted by Mr. Casual on Jan 8, 2005:

Nintendomad said:

How come if I had said half of what MR. Casual said to me, every one would have come down on me like a dose of bricks, but since he said it to me, it's ok.What he said was downright nasty and out of order.

Ok may have overreacted, but so would all of oyu, had it been aimed at you.If this is the sort of content you want aimed at people on the board when they are having a good discussion, fair enough.I was making some good points and really enjoying this thread up until that point, it's the first time I have checked assembler right away when I got home from work for months and I don't deserve that sort of crap for making a valid argument in Sony's defense.If we all agreed that Sony were shit and bad for gaming like Mr Casual obviously does, where and when would we ever have good discussions like they do on NTSC UK??

The mods need t seriously look at this, I haven't had an outburst for months and months, cause i was warned about it and I took my warning for the better of the board.But Mr. Casual makes a statement like that which personally attacked me and I wasn't meant to defend myself??

I have a lot of Sony stuff BTW. I like their stuff, and many other things.

Here are some things I should mention,

Nintendomad said:

Boo yak asha like a MOFO!!Happy New Year!!!!

The ps2 is proving to be the console best used by dev co's as we enter this last cycle of software this generation.I personally believe that nothing can touch Metal Gear Solid 3 and Gt4 graphically and they are showing effects and textures never thought possible on the Playstation 2.

The graphics and textures in Gran Turismo 3 are much better than those seen in Gotham Racing 2, run them side by side to see this.The only thing missing from GT4 is the damage and Kazunori Yamauchi has stated that this will be present in the next game and the only reason it's not in this one is because of time constraints and the problem he had implementing damage into the online mode...which was only removed at the last minute and should be present in the upgraded release of thi game next year.No matter what you think of Sony, it's pretty hard to ignore that this is the greatest driving gme on the planet.The other games are coming closer now but they still haven't quite caught up with this gem of a series.I must admit for arcade racing, Ridge Racers and Outrun 2 are brilliant but for sheer realism, nothing can touch Gran Turismo. :smt045

Hmmmm....

Nintendomad said:

The psp has two kick ass games already...Metal Gear Acid(see videos at IGN to see how this game looks so cool) and Ridge Racers.

This review is a tad unfair against the machine i think.The Psp is certainly worth 20,000 yen, and the umd media is only in those cases to stop it from being damaged on the go and to help to protect it against piracy.Otherwise how do you stop getting prints on your gc and ps2 discs...by being careful, so stop moaning. :smt014

It's amazing how you knew more about the PSP than the person who had actual hands on experience :-D

Nintendomad said:

No matter how much people slag or put down Kutaragi san, he is one of the smartest and most visionary people in the industry.He saved it from near doom in the mid nineties and gave developers and publishers a platform they could rely on again after the jag, 3do, disaster.

When Kutaragi san speaks....people should listen!!! Why would I want to listen to you Cahaz over a genius like KK???

Archive

1'100'000 Vs 340'000

posted by Nintendomad on Jan 9, 2005:

I'll just shut up because at the end of the day I now feel that Sony have the best handheld and best home console, if that makes me a fanboy, then so be it.

I feel they have the best games for this gen home consoles, though the hardware is ageing, developers are getting a helluva lot out of it.In the hndheld department, the DS is great and all but it is not a match for the PSP technically and aesthetically and this does matter to me, the psp also has some great games on the way and already here.

This doesn't mean I do not love Nintendo or any one else for that matter, it just means that I have fallen out of favour with them.They have not got the third party support, and the current gen stuff is no match for the sublime nintendo 64 software they produced.Just compare Zelda no Densetsu:Majora no Kamen to ZnD:takt of wind.

I still play all my stuff, it's just the Sony stuff or should I say the stuff that goes to their hardware is more exciting these days.Thois may change however.Nintendo seems to have some promising software on the way and the revolution may prove to be the ultimate platform of the next gen.I still collect Nintendo hardware and software and stilll do the same for every other manufacturer, I just feel the Sony stuff demands more playtime at the moment. :smt045

Archive

1'100'000 Vs 340'000

posted by Quakester2000 on Jan 11, 2005:

I hope nintendo doesnt go down the GBA road and start release ports of N64 games to fill their games catalogue, i hope they bring out some original titles and not just ports but im happy they got Mario 64 out on it as its class. I also cant wait to see GTA on the PSP its going to rock.