Your Top 5 Wii Games

Archive

Your Top 5 Wii Games

Post by Archive » June 28th, 2019, 7:05 am

posted by Barc0de on Dec 21, 2008:

Mario Galaxy - It's a platformer gamer's game, no easy ride if you don't like solving platform puzzles, comes with very polished new controls and many original concepts

Super smash bros. Brawl - not as fast as Melee but certainly an excellent game with tons of content

Star Wars: the Force Unleashed - graphics are ass, controls feel empowering,I prefer it over the ps3/xbox 360 version actually due to this

WarioWare - if you have friends, good for getting chicks to play too

Super Paper Mario - Platform+puzzle+rpg

Zak and Wiki - very clever

No More Heroes (number 2 should be hitting next year)

Excite Truck - (way better than mariokart imo)

plus quite a few more i can't recall now and don't forget GameCube games! The GameCube, retrospectively, has had a more than decent library of good to excellent games.

Archive

Your Top 5 Wii Games

posted by Yakumo on Dec 21, 2008:

cez said:

Ha? Sure, Super Mario Galaxy is not SM64 but it still is a great game. Super Paper Mario is different but well made in my opinion and Mario Kart is not bad either (only played that at the store though).

Mario Galaxy = couldn't get in to it at all.

Paper Mario = Yawn City! One of the few games I had to force myself to complete

Mario Kart Wii = Piss poor effort that should have been like the Namco made arcade games.

Sorry but that's my honest opinion.

Yakumo

Archive

Your Top 5 Wii Games

posted by SilverBolt on Dec 21, 2008:

Mario Galaxy, metroid prime 3, Smash brothers Brawl, Zelda the twillight princess, excite truck, Okami,

Archive

Your Top 5 Wii Games

posted by graciano1337 on Dec 21, 2008:

Galaxy is the only game I've really liked and don't regret buying. Mario Kart Wii is a joke. I'd much rather play it on the 64 or DS. If you have a competitive bone in your body, you probably won't like Brawl. SSB and SSBM are far superior imo. Twilight Princess I bought for the GC. The only game I really want to play at the moment on the Wii is Capcom Vs Tatsunoko because I love fighting games and it just looks plain awesome!

Archive

Your Top 5 Wii Games

posted by oldengineer on Dec 21, 2008:

...You want a top 5 list, hmmm, I gave up, couldn't list more than 1, sorry, lol, and that would be 'Wii sports' definately the best game on the Wii for the first 5 minutes. ;-)

Archive

Your Top 5 Wii Games

posted by Midnight Milkshake on Dec 21, 2008:

No More Heroes
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3
Zak & Wiki
Umbrella Chronicles

Archive

Your Top 5 Wii Games

posted by PhreQuencYViii on Dec 21, 2008:

Yakumo said:

Mario Galaxy = couldn't get in to it at all.

Paper Mario = Yawn City! One of the few games I had to force myself to complete

Please tell me you didn't like Twilight Princess...Man I gave that game up halfway through. Total yawnfest, but it's fun at some parts.

Archive

Your Top 5 Wii Games

posted by Barc0de on Dec 21, 2008:

yes, TP was utter shit. I m still at the first dungeon and haven't bothered ever since :S odd for a Zelda title:S

Archive

Your Top 5 Wii Games

posted by _SD_ on Dec 21, 2008:

I mostly use my Wii to play GameCube games. Mainly the Metroids, Resident Evils and all the Zeldas.

Mario Galaxy has been put away as I no longer have the co-ordination of an 8 year old; I simply can't get the last two stars. My son is the only one who plays on Mario Kart. He's 4 1/2 and gets on pretty well tbh. I can't beat the last two cups on 150cc and I was close to smashing the crap out of things. Honestly, the frustration caused by Mario Kart, I really don't know why I do it to myself.

Archive

Your Top 5 Wii Games

posted by retro on Dec 23, 2008:

I like the one where you find a nice high wall and see who can get the highest. Oh wait, you said Wii - my bad! :110:

As I've said before, for me it's all about the party games and having a laugh with your mates. Let's see...

Twilight Princess - got to love a bit of Zelda. Great single player game.
Mario Kart - the original and 64 were better, but this is still great fun with mates or even online
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - another good party game. This one was in such demand, we had a waiting list for months and a nationwide shortage!
Rayman Raving Rabbids - crazy fun with friends, had us in stitches!
Eledees - good fun with friends, but may get a bit old too quickly.

I know there are some obvious choices in there, but I tried to mix it up a little. There are some good games on the system. Others worth looking at include Resident Evil, Mario Party 8 (but you really need 4 people), Samba de Amigo, MySims is good if you like Sims games. Oh, and Wii Fit is both good as a tool to help you exercise and keep a check on how you're doing, but also can be quite a fun party game if you're into laughing at your friends lying on the floor in odd positions! Of course, I tried it out at my friend's daughter's 16th birthday party. It was fun, but there comes a point when you realize that you're the weird creepy guy sitting in the corner drinking beer and watching 16 year old girls in odd positions :lol:

ServiceGames said:

HOTD is complete bullshit as far as I am concerned and the Wii's seeming lack of a proper gun peripheral is just a joke. Why would anyone want to play Ghost Squad or House of The Dead with a fucking pointer????? Does anyone know if Umbrella Chronicles works any differently?

Riiiight.

Must admit the E3 prototype looked good, though:

...or the early sketch: