Zelda: The Hyrule Fantasy BETA?

Archive

Post by Archive » June 28th, 2019, 7:07 am

posted by G0dLiKe on Jan 1, 2011:

Or maybe the game is truely a proto, maybe near a final version and still has some bugs, which would explain why exactly this game is crashing and all others he tried aren´t...

Archive

posted by djandy76 on Jan 1, 2011:

Hi Kao, G0dlike. The music appears to be the bog-standard title screen tune from the final version I'm afraid, making this feel less and less like any sort of prototype I've ever seen. I'd like to believe it's genuine though, and maybe the crashes are representative of the final, or near-final, wave of bug fixes.

I'm currently planning to go through the entire game over the next few days and check as many of the points documented for the other prototype that got released recently. If anything interesting/odd pops up, I'll report back here.

Archive

posted by Tyree_Cooper on Jan 2, 2011:

That's gonna waste lots of your time, isn't it faster and safer to dump it and check for differences in the ROM directly? I mean you could play through the whole thing, both quests, and just miss some differences while playing, not paying attention or not realising something's different.

If there are differences, since it looks like a final release, they are going to be extremely minor.

Archive

posted by djandy76 on Jan 2, 2011:

Well ideally I'd like to have it dumped, but don't have the necessary expertise or hardware with me here in Japan, and I'm kind of reluctant to send the disk off somewhere. Whether it be here or back in Europe, I'd be more willing to take it to someone who can do it for me though.

Archive

posted by Tyree_Cooper on Jan 2, 2011:

Yeah I understand, I'd be reluctant to part with it too (unless I know the guy), if I were in your situation. You'll feel better when you'll have the ROM dumped (I don't mean publicly of course) and made sure nothing/something is different, lol.

It's much easier now with discs, everyone can dump it with a basic pc...

Archive

posted by djandy76 on Jan 2, 2011:

I've done a bit of poking around and managed to ascertain the cable I need along with a oldish PC, now I need to do a bit of investigating into the software side of things. The biggest problem I'm facing at the moment is that the Famicom and Disk System is unlikely to accompany me back to Europe as my case is already looking decidedly full. What this means is I only have another couple of weeks to use it before I go back...

I'm considering having this and a number of other things shipped, but I'm willing to bet I get smacked with a customs charge even though it's all my own stuff.

Archive

posted by djandy76 on Mar 20, 2011:

Sorry it's been so long since I updated this thread, but things have been busy and, well, you know how it is...

Anyway, in the end I decided not to bring my Famicom Disk System back to Europe, meaning that I'm now totally unable to use and/or dump this disk. Not only that, recent changes in my situation have required me to start getting rid of a number of collectibles, and this may well become one of them...

As far as I'm aware though, putting something like this up for sale on Ebay will likely get the auction pulled, right? In light of this, I've decided that if I do decide to get rid of it, a trade might be better. The question is: How do I ascertain it's actual value?

If anyone has any advice they can offer, drop me a PM and let's discuss things further.

Archive

posted by Alchy on Mar 20, 2011:

Price checks are supposed to be done through a moderator (they post your request in the price check thread). The idea being to stop people asking questions like "how much is this worth?" in the hope that someone will PM them an offer, thus getting around the marketplace rule that states all sales need to be priced.

You might have some luck selling it on ebay - it may get pulled but probably not. Avoid obvious flag words like "modchip" or "modded" and you should be ok.

Archive

posted by djandy76 on Mar 20, 2011:

Hi Alchy,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I'll send the details to a moderator shortly.

Archive

posted by Xkeeper on Mar 20, 2011:

Found this thread via the referrals I was getting on tcrf.

I'd be more than happy to set up some shipping stuff to get this dumped, if you want. I'd even pay to have it shipped back to you afterwards.

I don't believe I'd be able to make an offer on the game itself (I don't have that much money), but something like this I'd be able to do.

Feel free to drop me an email at [url=mailto:xkeeper@gmail.com]xkeeper@gmail.com[/url], not sure if I'll get emails on PMs from this board or not.