Zelda windwaker proto

Archive

Zelda windwaker proto

Post by Archive » June 28th, 2019, 7:07 am

posted by Kallus on Jan 8, 2018:

darkspire17 said:

it could be a "behind closed doors" type E3 build.

Nah, probably just a debug rom like the OOT one that was dump, although the logo being gold is an odd touch, maybe it's to help distinguish demo/preview copies from internal builds, but that's just my idea.

Archive

Zelda windwaker proto

posted by ryanrocks462 on Jan 8, 2018:

jetmagnum said:

Im able to dump nr disks you meed a nr writer or rvt r writer in order to dump the disk so if you need help dumping it bowser pm me

Writer? Don’t you mean Reader, just use the SDK and build the HBL dumper sign with dev keys and dump lmao

Archive

Zelda windwaker proto

posted by jetmagnum on Jan 8, 2018:

i use my rvt-r writer to dump rvt-r disks and nr disks

Archive

Zelda windwaker proto

posted by RegisNovem on Jan 8, 2018:

You should get in contact with the guys from Hard4Games. They've been the biggest people in the Nintendo betas, prototypes, forgotten items and developmental stuff scene as of late. I don't know if they would be willing to buy it, that depends on how much you sell it for, but they would certainly be able to read it and play it as the do have a development GameCube system.

Archive

Zelda windwaker proto

posted by pstrick1 on Jan 8, 2018:

RegisNovem said:

You should get in contact with the guys from Hard4Games. They've been the biggest people in the Nintendo betas, prototypes, forgotten items and developmental stuff scene as of late. I don't know if they would be willing to buy it, that depends on how much you sell it for, but they would certainly be able to read it and play it as they do have a development GameCube system.

As do 1/2 the members on this forum.

Can a mod clean up this thread? @Borman
It's for price checking, not promoting your youtube channel or speculation about dumping.

Archive

Zelda windwaker proto

posted by Cat man on Jan 8, 2018:

pstrick1 said:

As do 1/2 the members on this forum.

Can a mod clean up this thread? @Borman
It's for price checking, not promoting your youtube channel or speculation about dumping.

Why does the thread need to be cleaned? Its very good advice that people are giving.

Archive

Zelda windwaker proto

posted by RegisNovem on Jan 28, 2018:

I'm not promoting my Youtube channel, simply suggesting they get H4G to dump it and analyze it. It isn't even mine, nor am i involved. Like i said, they've been big in the Nintendo Developmental content scene recently, so i was just suggesting they contact them. There's nothing in this thread to clean up, either. It's all decent advice until we can figure out if it's real or not. If it's such a big deal, get a mod to move it to the Nintendo Game Development thread or something.

Anyway, i'm gonna research other beta content and footage and screenshots and whatnot to see if i can find any potential dates for the prototype. I don't expect it to be too old judging by the nearly complete title screen.

Archive

Zelda windwaker proto

posted by Kallus on Jan 8, 2018:

RegisNovem said:

I'm not promoting my Youtube channel, simply suggesting they get H4G to dump it and analyze it. It isn't even mine, nor am i involved. Like i said, they've been big in the Nintendo Developmental content scene recently, so i was just suggesting they contact them. There's nothing in this thread to clean up, either. It's all decent advice until we can figure out if it's real or not. If it's such a big deal, get a mod to move it to the Nintendo Game Development thread or something.

No, he's trying to figure if it's real or not, and if so how much it's price is, which is why it's on the price check board.

Archive

Zelda windwaker proto

posted by Bramsworth on Jan 9, 2018:

bowser22, have you played the final game to be able to play a bit and notice what's different in yours? If not, I'd suggest watching a Youtube video of a playthrough of the first area of the game and compare with yours. No one probably will be able to identify how early it is just based on the titlescreen, even with its few differences.

Definitely get some more screenshots. I've never played Wind Waker, but look forward to knowing more about this regardless.

Archive

Zelda windwaker proto

posted by PixelButts on Jan 9, 2018:

Bramsworth said:

bowser22, have you played the final game to be able to play a bit and notice what's different in yours? If not, I'd suggest watching a Youtube video of a playthrough of the first area of the game and compare with yours. No one probably will be able to identify how early it is just based on the titlescreen, even with its few differences.

Definitely get some more screenshots. I've never played Wind Waker, but look forward to knowing more about this regardless.

Seconding this. As someone who plays Wind Waker a ton I personally would notice something different if I played it.
I would offer to go through it to see if any changes exist, but that's 100% up to OP. It's a rare item, something people will slap down good money for.

As @Bad_Ad84 mentioned he's worked with private content before and is very respectable. He's also no stranger to the medium as well. If anyone is qualified it's him.