Zelda with Hi-Rez textures

Archive

Post by Archive » June 28th, 2019, 7:07 am

posted by Taucias on Feb 2, 2007:

I haven't seen XBox selling for less than $80.

Archive

posted by Shadowlayer on Feb 3, 2007:

Garlo said:

WHERE????!!

WHAT????!!!

LOL seriously, I found a guy selling an 2002 Xbox in ebay once, since he wanted a X360 badly and wasnt using his games at all...

About VC, is not that I'm used to stealing it, the problem is that one thing is buying one of those collections with several games, manuals, info and all kinds of stuff, and another completely different thing is paying almost original-release prices for something thats just a legal ROM, with no backup system and no way to share it between other Wii units.

I'm not using VC until nintendo changes their business layout, and with every fanboy on the face of the earth kissing their asses (and trying to bust a cap up mine) that would be never...

Archive

posted by Garlo on Feb 3, 2007:

Man, I really want a 50 bucks Xbox heh I really don't want to pay the 100- 120 bucks they charge for them on the pawn shops here.

About VC, is not that I'm used to stealing it, the problem is that one thing is buying one of those collections with several games, manuals, info and all kinds of stuff, and another completely different thing is paying almost original-release prices for something thats just a legal ROM, with no backup system and no way to share it between other Wii units.

There is a backup system, if I'm not mistaken. You can copy the roms to a SD card, or you can just delete them and re-download them for no extra charge later since your purchases are tied to the unit and your account or something similar.

But I see your point.

Archive

posted by Shadowlayer on Feb 4, 2007:

Garlo said:

you can just delete them and re-download them for no extra charge later since your purchases are tied to the unit and your account or something similar.

Are you sure? cuz I heard in kotaku that once you lost them you had to pay for the games again.

And yeah, my point is that Nes games should be $2, Snes and Genesis $4 and N64 $5-6.

Archive

posted by 1080Peter on Feb 4, 2007:

" Are you sure? cuz I heard in kotaku that once you lost them you had to pay for the games again.
Yup, it's a fact. You pay once, even if you lose them. I was in the middle of downloading Bomberman once and my Wii shut down on itself. Horrified, I thought I would have to repurchase the game, but then I went back to the Shop and found the "Redownload" link and did it right this time. My licensing data was saved once I purchased the game.

And yeah, my point is that Nes games should be $2, Snes and Genesis $4 and N64 $5-6."
It would be nice if all NES games could be $2, but it'll never happen. Personally, I think some NES games are worth more than $2. Heck, the better SNES games are worth way more than that (not necessarily eBay prices either -- I wouldn't pay $20 for DKC2 on VC even for the relatively cheap price, but $8-10 is fine by me). Some games justify the prices; other's don't. Just because Joe Blow finds X game in his local store for under Y dollars doesn't mean it should be the rule, because his case isn't everyone's. But Nintendo knows people will (grudgingly or not) buy the games at its set prices regardless and such. The price to pay for the most extensive library of them all, NES-, SNES-, TG-16-, GEN-, and N64-inclusive... :|

Archive

posted by Shadowlayer on Feb 9, 2007:

Well thats a relief, cuz having to redownload everything is just too harsh, even for nintendo standarts...

About the VC MSRP, well as you said what "steven" says doesnt matter, yet you cant charge more for some games than others, for the simple fact that finding the correct price would be a hastle for all the companies involved.