Zelda64

Archive

Zelda64

Post by Archive » June 28th, 2019, 7:07 am

posted by lolzvid on Mar 3, 2014:

The creator of this post should learn how to write/type correctly and stop making useless posts.
And he already said that he "had" an Mario 64 prototype, and he got banned for one month.

Archive

Zelda64

posted by Mooliecool on Mar 4, 2014:

M. Bison said:

Sorry to bump this topic, but recently Ocarina of Time 3D hacking has taken off, and interestingly it reveals a few (very) small details about early Ocarina of Time features! Here's the The Cutting Room Floor page on OoT3D; it's kinda sparse at the moment but I'm sure it'll start filling up in due time.

Namely, it seems that the Forest Temple was once a Wind Temple, and the Medallion would be a Wind Medallion (which explains the insignia on what is now known as the Forest Medallion). Also, not as big a deal, but the Water Medallion was an Ice Medallion at one point.

Again, I acknowledge this info isn't exactly earth-shattering, but hopefully (fingers crossed) further OoT3D hacking can reveal more mysteries of OoT's past.

n the files of the debug rom The Spriret medallion is called Soul mjin(Medallion) and is Yellow, Light Medallion is white and called flash mjin(Medallion), Shadow Medallion is black and called dark mjin, forest medeallion is called wind mjin, water medallion is called mjin ice and fire medallion is called flame medallion

Archive

Zelda64

posted by Shadowlink on May 25, 2015:

Man It has been a long time since I've posted anything on assembler forums but sadly all I have to update this post is something about the light temple heres the story so Miyamoto announced an addon to zelda 64 called ura zelda it would feature new dungeons and features (beta features) but later ura zelda just went away and we got the master quest the master quest didn't have new dungeons just arranged ones and added some beta elements leading some to believe this is a small portion of ura zelda but recently some hackers made hack that is supposed to be ura zelda basically but even more recently they cancelled that but even more recently there was a video of the light temple on youtube but since the project got cancelled it only shows the beginning to the temple
you can see in this video a reflective water that is not in the final build also the A button is the zoom button and when you hit one of the trees oddly a red rubby comes out which is weird since there isn't really trees in temples if anything this looks more like zelda's castle in the final build thats all for now

Archive

Zelda64

posted by xdaniel on Dec 29, 2014:

Shadowlink said:

Man It has been a long time since I've posted anything on assembler forums but sadly all I have to update this post is something about the light temple heres the story so Miyamoto announced an addon to zelda 64 called ura zelda it would feature new dungeons and features (beta features) but later ura zelda just went away and we got the master quest the master quest didn't have new dungeons just arranged ones and added some beta elements leading some to believe this is a small portion of ura zelda but recently some hackers made hack that is supposed to be ura zelda basically but even more recently they cancelled that but even more recently there was a video of the light temple on youtube but since the project got cancelled it only shows the beginning to the temple
[...]
you can see in this video a reflective water that is not in the final build also the A button is the zoom button and when you hit one of the trees oddly a red rubby comes out which is weird since there isn't really trees in temples if anything this looks more like zelda's castle in the final build thats all for now

This "Ura Zelda" = Zeth & co.'s hack = not at all representative of the real "Ura Zelda" and pretty much just the team's imagination at work. For anything from the "Ura Zelda" hack you see, assume that it was made up by Zeth or someone else on the team.

And as for the things you note: the reflection is a mirrored copy of the model, underneath the regular one. If I remember correctly, OoT3D does the same thing for the Temple of Time's interior, for example. And trees can be set to give a bunch of different items, including most if not all kinds of rupees.

Archive

Zelda64

posted by Shadowlink on Dec 29, 2014:

yeah but you would see how I'd mistake that for a new material because it was frking water

Archive

Zelda64

posted by Adrenaline on Dec 30, 2014:

You may want to make your list of screen shots and videos one post next time, Shadowlink.

Archive

Zelda64

posted by Colonel Conker on Jan 4, 2015:

xdaniel said:

This "Ura Zelda" = Zeth & co.'s hack = not at all representative of the real "Ura Zelda" and pretty much just the team's imagination at work.

Mostly his imagination, seeing as he refused a lot of great ideas from other team members in favor of his own.
That self insert as a secret super boss makes me cringe to this very day. Honestly, it was like a deviantart fanfic at that point.

Archive

Zelda64

posted by M. Bison on Jan 6, 2015:

Colonel Conker said:

Mostly his imagination, seeing as he refused a lot of great ideas from other team members in favor of his own.
That self insert as a secret super boss makes me cringe to this very day. Honestly, it was like a deviantart fanfic at that point.

Now that, I don't remember seeing (unless it was that Dark Link looking thing).

Archive

Zelda64

posted by Colonel Conker on Jan 6, 2015:

It was detailed in one of the documents released with the leak.

Tower of URA, a secret end game dungeon, had a secret, overpowered super boss named Zeth.
Not even making this up.