Zotac 330 ION - So many revisions!?

Archive

Post by Archive » June 28th, 2019, 7:13 am

posted by Trenton_net on Jun 16, 2010:

Hey Everyone, So I'm interested in getting a Zotac 330 ION motherboard but I was surprised at how many revisions there were! I have no idea what the big differences are, especially since some sellers don't publish the full specs accurately. Does anyone know which model of the motherboard is the "best", "newest", or "top of the line" of the bunch?

Archive

posted by 3do on Jun 16, 2010:

Here is what i can tell of the differences in the zotac boards with atom 330's and Nvidia ion so hope this helps

The ION ITX F, ION ITX A Series and the ION ITX D Series both come with passive cooling (The F series includes an option fan where the D and A doesn't), VGA along with dvi as well as HDMI, wifi (A and D series only do N wifi), 3 SATA ports and an added E-SATA. The F series looks to have a X16 PCI-E slot whereas the D and A series have no expansion slot although not sure if the x16 slot runs at x16 speed or not.

The ION ITX-G Synergy Edition on the other hand has no VGA port just DVI as well as HDMI, it does have active cooling with a fan and an extra SATA port but then no E-SATA, it has a PCI Express x1 Mini PCI Express slot but it doesn't have wifi.

Apart from the details listed above the D, F and A series are pretty much the same and would be be the best choice as the synergy edition is missing a few features like wifi and E-SATA but i don't know how they all perform so can't be certain but they would probably perform very similar as they almost exactly the same apart from a features mssing/changed.

Archive

3do said:

Here is what i can tell of the differences in the zotac boards with atom 330's and Nvidia ion so hope this helps

The ION ITX F, ION ITX A Series and the ION ITX D Series both come with passive cooling (The F series includes an option fan where the D and A doesn't), VGA along with dvi as well as HDMI, wifi (A and D series only do N wifi), 3 SATA ports and an added E-SATA. The F series looks to have a X16 PCI-E slot whereas the D and A series have no expansion slot although not sure if the x16 slot runs at x16 speed or not.

The ION ITX-G Synergy Edition on the other hand has no VGA port just DVI as well as HDMI, it does have active cooling with a fan and an extra SATA port but then no E-SATA, it has a PCI Express x1 Mini PCI Express slot but it doesn't have wifi.

Apart from the details listed above the D, F and A series are pretty much the same and would be be the best choice as the synergy edition is missing a few features like wifi and E-SATA but i don't know how they all perform so can't be certain but they would probably perform very similar as they almost exactly the same apart from a features mssing/changed.

Hrm... That'a awsome. Thanks for your thoughts. Would the L-E series be bulked under the D, F, and A series as well? From what I can tell, it looks almost the same as the F model.

Archive

Actually I think the F series and the L series are the same? I can't seem to tell them apart. Or at least why they need separate offerings for them.

UPDATE: Ah, the L uses DDR3 over DDR2. Perhaps that's the big difference.

Archive

posted by 3do on Jun 16, 2010:

The IONITX-L-E looks to be the same as the others with the only difference being as you pointed out DDR3. the IONITX-K-E is also the same as the L except it only lists 1066 DDR3 memory instead of the L's DDR3 1066-1333 plus it has an PCI Express x1 Mini PCI Express slot not used for Wifi.

I don't get why there are so many models of roughly the same board? It can be confusing.

Archive

I can understand that everyone has different needs, but having so many variants is just confusing as hell. They should have just added 3 model tiers and left it at that.

Archive

posted by 3do on Jun 17, 2010:

There are 6 different models that i could see and apart from 2 of them having DDR3 instead of DDR2 they were almost all the same in terms of basic specs.

I'd say if you really need or want DDR3 then the L-E is best as it also has all the features of the others including wifi...etc. If you stick with DDR2 then the ION ITX F is best in terms of having all the features.

Because these are really all the same cpu/gpu wise then you won't get much in terms of performance difference between them i wouldn't think except maybe between DDR2 and DDR3 and if you got one with the PCI-E X16 slot to use with a proper graphics card.