フレームマイスター Framemister Xrgb mini/ English firmware/39000 yen shipped

Archive

Post by Archive » June 28th, 2019, 7:14 am

posted by AtomizerZero on Aug 22, 2016:

Ok, would you try connecting one of the Scart connected consoles directly to the scart adapter on the Framemeister? See if you still see the effect. So, drop the Shinybow and the Packapunch Scart. Lets see how that goes Image

Archive

posted by Ring Out on Aug 22, 2016:

Just tried with MD 1. same result... though I got even more jail bars.
I tried also the MD and Saturn via composhit same pixel issue of course harder to because of the blurry image.
I also tested my Wii U via HDMI Input (Pass through off) to the Framemeister with HDMI out. I got NO issues with picture mode. Image

Archive

Hrm. So, if HDMI in is fine...I suppose you used the composite input (AV in) on the Framemeister when you tried the MD and the Saturn, right? If so, then I'm not sure what to say again lol. If you didn't use the AV in for them, this then brings up the question of your adapters connecting to the Framemeister for RGB in and I suppose for D-terminal. Where did you get them from? Also, one other question. Does this still occur if you output at 1080P ? Also make sure your choosing the correct Hz (50 for PAL, 60 for NTSC).

Archive

posted by Ring Out on Aug 22, 2016:

Sorry yes, I used the AV input on the framemeister with MD and SAT.
And I'm not sure what to do anymoreImage
I really tried everthing I can over the last weeks, even the stupid and expensive "solition" of buying another brandnew Framemeister, sadly with the same results.
So it seems I have to get used to the issue.
But thanks guys for your repliesImage

Archive

The only other option is compatibility with the TV's that you've tried it on.... That's the only other thing to try and change. Just one other thing... Make sure you only have just one input connected, so, disconnect all the other connections... See if that helps. I don't have any other ideas i'm afraid. :S

Archive

posted by Atolm on Sep 8, 2016:

Ring Out said:

If you are look at the blue sky the you will recognize the darker part on the left site (FM setting: sharpness at 30 and a/d at 28 with picture Mode). With the normal setting it is hard to show the issue on a video. Unfortunately I don't Owen a captute card.
On some games this causes pixel smudge on scrolling backgrounds, like I have tried to show with the Parodius picture.
So my qustion, is this problem just on my mini or is this on all minis when you change the settings like I described above?
I now, I'm maybe ab bit obsessed with that problem, but I want to rule out that my mini is faulty for some reason.
Thanks guys!

All framemeisters have a screen division thing going on. There is a visible separation line between the left/right halves of the screen under certain circumstances. I've noticed it primarily on a screen fade transition. I don't have any clue as to what causes this, only that it seems to effect all units. I first noticed it on the Neo Geo intro, where the letters flip and there's a screen fade from white to black. I know it's not just my unit because you can see this on other Framemeisters. For example here's a random upload. watch carefully within the first two seconds as the logo flips. You'll notice a dividing line appear as the screen fades to black.

From what I can tell on mine, the right half of the screen seems to handle these fades not as smoothly as the left. The right side of the screen is also prone to more pronounced background noise on solid colors.

that said, all colors should be of uniform intensity across the entire screen. You shouldn't see a division like you are with one half being darker than the other. Scrolling backgrounds should be seamless.

I loaded up 240p test suite and the scrolling background test. I set the A/D and sharpness to your stated levels and indeed notice that effect.

besides that though, the sharpness setting on the framemeister should never be above "1" for any reason. A/D level should be normal, like 120+. With "normal" framemeister settings I've never noticed this in any game during play. Other than a quick screen fade as stated.

Stop looking for it, and play your games at normal settings.

Archive

posted by Yakumo on Sep 11, 2016:

Can't say I've ever noticed that. Maybe it's to do with the power input? I doubt it though.

Archive

posted by AtomizerZero on Sep 11, 2016:

I've never noticed it either. I can see the line your talking about on that NEOGEO intro. Ill load up the 240p test suite later and see if I see anything wrong.

Archive

posted by Atolm on Sep 11, 2016:

Yakumo said:

Can't say I've ever noticed that. Maybe it's to do with the power input? I doubt it though.

It looks too uniform to be a psu issue. I think it's just a nature of the hardware design or whatever processors they're using. Here's another upload from a different youtuber, you can see the same thing if you look carefully.

AtomizerZero said:

I've never noticed it either. I can see the line your talking about on that NEOGEO intro. Ill load up the 240p test suite later and see if I see anything wrong.

There's a good chance you wouldn't notice it, it's really subtle. I've only ever noticed it during a screen fade, never at any other time. When I loaded up the scrolling background in 240P at my normal settings I didn't see anything. It wasn't until I dialed the sharpness all the way up and the A/D down to like 25 before I noticed the left side of the screen looked a bit darker. It's easiest to see the sharp screen division on the grass or trees in the background as they scroll by. But all of this just overstates the "issue", because those settings are so far off from what people are actually using.

I also wouldn't say it's anything "wrong". Again, I'm guessing it's just a quirk of the hardware, like a lot of A/V equipment has. I wouldn't even consider it a mark against buying the framemeister. after stuff like the resolution switch, background noise, ugliness of the OSD menu, profile save limit etc.. the screen split thing is so insignificant. I'm bound notice the unevenness of my TV's LED backlighting during gameplay more than the occurrence of that screen split thing.

At the end of the day though, the level of insignificance is just my opinion. I'm not bothered by it, because it in no way impacts my enjoyment of the games. I do understand though it could just be one of those things for some folks that can't be unseen once noticed, and they just focus on it for whatever reason.

Archive

posted by Ring Out on Sep 13, 2016:

The crazy settings I used was just to show what maybe causes the look of the grey background at my picture from Parodius (p. 39). When I saw it first, I thought something was wrong with my FM.
Thanks Atolm for testing, so I can exclude there is somerhing wrong with my set up or my FM.