フレームマイスター Framemister Xrgb mini/ English firmware/39000 yen shipped

Archive

Post by Archive » June 28th, 2019, 7:13 am

posted by Yakumo on Mar 2, 2013:

pza said:

Yakumo, you should definitely add this to your first post...

I will do. That's a good idea!

Trenton_net said:

I'm kind of interested in this, but I have no devices that can do RGB. Maybe some that output S-Video, but most that just do composite. When using composite output for example, will I see any gains in video quality, or will it look just the same as it does on a regular CRT? I guess at the very least it can stabilize the video output so modern LCDs are more likely to display the picture, rather than directly out of the consoles?

You must own some consoles with RGB. Mega Drive, Saturn, EU Dreamcast, Playstation 1 & 2, Super Famicom as well as other systems all have official 1st parts RGB cables and can all do RGB without any mods.

You can use Svideo or composite an get better results than using only the TV but RGB is the best option. If you only want to use Svideo or composite then I have another Micomsoft box that would suit you well. It can make none RGB inputs look great on a modern TV. I'll tell you more when I get home. It's a lot cheaper too.

Archive

posted by Atlas on Mar 7, 2013:

New here Image

Greg2600 said:

Solaris Japan ran out as well. I really think Micomsoft should be dealing with a US importer to get the thing over here. There's a customer base that would buy it. That plus they should think about how to make it cheaper, though I cannot believe manufacturer costs are that much for them.

I just ordered one from solarisjapan before registering here, I'm really looking forward to it!
I just recently discovered the xrgbs and realised that there was a solution to the abysmal video quality got from composite on my lcd tv!
I've been wanting something like this ever since I got my first flatscreen 6 or 7 years ago Image

One thing you seem to have overlooked is the development costs and the fact that even though the xrgbs are popular amongst us enthusiasts they are probably not selling huge quantities of these things.
It's not the xrgbs that are expensive as much as it is everything else that is cheap...small quantities equals larger costs as there are less units produced to spread out the development costs.

I work at a company that sells professional manual and automatic coffee machines and you wouldn't believe how much some seemingly trivial parts cost just because they are specialized and only work with these machines and thus are produced in small numbers.

Archive

posted by Sicbud on Mar 13, 2013:

I'm definitely interested in buying one of these, but I'm having a hard time understanding all the different cables I'm going to need for my consoles. I'm using NTSC consoles, and can't seem to find a palace to buy the cables. I'm also seeing different cables, such as ones that converts composite video sync to pure sync signal, which is supposed to be better for the farmemeister.

does anyone know the best place to buy cables, and to learn more about this device? Thanks in advance.

Archive

posted by pza on Mar 13, 2013:

retro-access.com, retrogamingcables.co.uk

Archive

posted by Greg2600 on Mar 13, 2013:

Sicbud said:

I'm definitely interested in buying one of these, but I'm having a hard time understanding all the different cables I'm going to need for my consoles. I'm using NTSC consoles, and can't seem to find a palace to buy the cables. I'm also seeing different cables, such as ones that converts composite video sync to pure sync signal, which is supposed to be better for the farmemeister.

does anyone know the best place to buy cables, and to learn more about this device? Thanks in advance.

Search Ebay, they're all over the place there. I believe the only system where you need an "NTSC" cable is the Super Nintendo. The SNES SCART cable for NTSC is different than PAL. ALL other systems are actually EURO SCART cables, regardless what they say NTSC or PAL. You will need a EURO SCART to XRGB DIN cable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micomsoft-F...s_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item19d724cdc5

Archive

posted by BlockABoots on Mar 17, 2013:

Been looking at these for a while, they are very expensive but if all reports about them are true I guess it's worth it. Not sure that it can compete with a CRT display, I know the mini will make the picture shaper than it ever can be on a CRT but this is going against everything about capturing the look of consoles we used to play as children it's all about nostalgia, and an LCD screen doesn't have the glow or pop to the image that a CRT produces, they 2 completely different technologies involved in producing an image. So while its a very very good alternative (or though an expensive one) I still don't think it can compete against a CRT for pure retro nostalgia, people say you should use the actual hardware to play your games on then you should defiantly use the actually hardware to display them on too!!

All that said I'm still tempted to get one as I'm sure a time will come when I'm not going to have the luxury of space I have at this moment in time and having a streamline LCD TV might be the only display I can have, so with this in mind the mini is a godsent!

Whats the deal with the scart harness you get with the mini, is that wired for JPN consoles?, so you'd have to get a Uk wired harness?

Archive

posted by Yakumo on Mar 17, 2013:

BlockABoots said:

Not sure that it can compete with a CRT display, I know the mini will make the picture shaper than it ever can be on a CRT but this is going against everything about capturing the look of consoles we used to play as children

As long as you are using a good HD screen then the framemeister will not dissapoint at all. It can make images look sharper than a CRT but you can also make the image worse by changing settings if you so desier. I grew up using high end CRT screens for as long as I can remember so I haved a good memory of consoles running on them via RGB and can say the Framemeister brough back those memories. So much so I bought a Super Famicom to use with it.!

Archive

posted by BlockABoots on Mar 17, 2013:

Im defiantly tempted. Have to see what the price works out into £

Archive

posted by BlockABoots on Mar 28, 2013:

Yakumo, i am wanting to use you to get one of these units, what sort of time frame would i be looking at for shipping to the UK, and is 39800 still the price including shipping, so about £278??

And will this be the new batch stock, as i hear the new ones come pre-flashed with FW ver1.08??

Archive

posted by Yakumo on Mar 28, 2013:

BlockABoots said:

Yakumo, i am wanting to use you to get one of these units, what sort of time frame would i be looking at for shipping to the UK, and is 39800 still the price including shipping, so about £278??

And will this be the new batch stock, as i hear the new ones come pre-flashed with FW ver1.08??

Time frame is about 2 weeks to get the unit to the UK. The price is still 39800 yen with shipping included. As for the new firmware, if the new unit doesn't come with it installed I can install it for you and set the system to English. I'll use all of my cables and AC adaptor so your unit will still be brand new only that I've updated the firmware and language for you. I have to say that the two I sold last week had the older firmware so I had to update the units for the customers since they requested it. At the moment only firmware 1.07A is available. There is no firmware 1.8 as of yet.